The Nicest Possible Way

I knew it would eventually have come to this, I just didn't expect it to be so soon.

You see, I really enjoy Bucky's company and all that he does for me and whatever, but I just seriously need to confront him about Dolores, and in the nicest possible way.

Mom was in the kitchen making dinner when Bucky came over, so we went to my room to hang out until dinner was ready.

"So," he started. "What've you been up to?"

"Nothing really today," I answered. "Nothing really at all, ever, actually."

"What?" he sounded surprised. "Why not?"

"Dunno," I waited. "I guess because whenever I'm doing something it's with you... and, you know, you've been kinda preoccupied recently."

"What're you trying to say?"

I sighed. "I don't want this to come across wrong because I really don't necessarily mind Dolores, I just don't really like the idea of what she's doing to us."

"Us?" he wondered, sounding a little offended.

"What I mean is, I don't mind you having a girlfriend," I explained. "I just mind that you never have any time for me anymore."

He looked at me for a moment, said nothing and made a sad face. "God, Steve... I honestly didn't even realize. I've just been having such a great time I just... I guess I forgot about everything else."

So, you even forgot about me, huh?

"No, I get it," I replied. "I just wish yo-"

"Enough said, Steve, really," he assured me. "I'll be sure to make time to hang out with you a lot more often. I promise."

I smiled. "Thank you."

"Of course."

We sat there a second, and I was just thinking about what this would look like. Hopefully, it'd be just he and I... not the three of us or whatever that's supposed to look like.

"Dinner!" my mom called.

"Coming, Miss Rogers!" Bucky said back.

"Wait-" I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down onto the bed.

"Yea?"

"It's just... maybe be a little less loud when you and Dolores are here, you know, when I'm here," I requested, feeling myself begin to blush. "If you know what I mean."

"Oh," he was taken back. "Yea, uh, sure thing. Sorry about that."

"It's all good," I smiled, standing. "Come on, mom's waiting."

He nodded and followed me along to the dining room.