Chapter 56: If Michael Cries

"Becky, baby, it's not what it looks like! She kissed me!" Michael cries.

Classic first sentence after being busted.

He runs up the stairs to meet me at the top. I place my hand up to stop him in his tracks.

"Save it, Michael. Just save it," I say sharply, before turning around and walking to the bedroom.

I sit on the bed, tears forming in my eyes.

My boyfriend, my fiancé has kissed another girl!

I don't even.. I can't think right now. All I can see in my head is Michael shoving his tongue down that girl's throat.

He kissed her the way he kisses me. That hurts. I don't even know who she is, she's just someone that turned up outta nowhere.

I hear footsteps approaching the room. I lie down on the bed, turning my back towards the door and closing my eyes, letting the tears I've been saving fall down my cheeks.

I hear the door open, and the darkness is interrupted by a ribbon of light seeping through the ajar door.

I hear gentle footsteps approaching the bed. I take a deep breath as I feel the bed move down gently at the weight of an extra person lying behind me.

I feel a soft stroke of a single finger down my spine, and a soft kiss on my shoulder blade.

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry."

The soft tone of Michael's voice finally disturbs the silence, and his gentle touch against the back of my neck makes my body shiver.

I feel goosebumps forming on my skin as Michael kisses the back of my neck again.

"Janine kissed me, I swear. She asked me to dance, I said no. She forced me, baby. She forced me."

So her name was Janine. Janine. Janine..

"Please speak to me, please."

Michael strokes my back again, yet I still ignore him. I don't wanna speak yet. I'm not ready to.

I turn in the bed, so I'm lying on my back. I don't wanna face Michael, so the most he's getting is a side profile.

"Being stubborn, are we? Well, two can play at that game."

He gets up from his place on the bed and moves around to the other side.

I don't watch him, but I can see his dark, shadowy figure gliding round the room.

He stops at the opposite side of the room, the other side of the bed. He sits down by me, and strokes a lock of my hair.

"If you're going to make things difficult, then."

He lies back, resulting in him laying down on top of me.

I groan from his weight on me, making him chuckle.

"Refusing to talk? Well, I'll make you talk."

He shifts his body further up mine.

"Mind the bump," I finally say.

"She speaks," Michael cries sarcastically.

He places his hand underneath my neck, forcing me to lift my head a little.

"Look, please believe me about that kiss. She kissed me, I promise," he starts, but I feel compelled to interrupt.

"You could have pulled away anytime you wanted," I say shortly.