Chapter 26: Gotta Hurt You

"Emma?" I call down the phone.

I'm at home, without Daniel.

"What is it Becky?" she asks. I sigh.

"I have a lot to tell you before tomorrow," I say.

"Yeah?" She asks. I take a breath.

"Firstly, me and Michael haven't split up," I say. I hear Emma gasp.

"You haven't?!" she asks.

"No. Secondly, I gotta tell you this," I say.

"What?" Emma asks.

Here goes.

"Daniel wanted Michael dead. Remember, when he attacked Michael?" I ask.

"Yeah?" Emma says, indicating me to continue.

"Well, after I rang you, Michael rang my phone to make out like he had passed away so Daniel couldn't hurt him anymore. But, the big thing is, I have to join The Jax, so Daniel can't hurt me. He's asked me to join, but now I gotta prove I'm bad enough. And to do that, I gotta do something to someone close to me--"

"Like me?" Emma asks.

"Yes! The reason why we're going to the park tomorrow is so I can 'hurt' you, to prove I'm bad. I'm not gonna hurt you really, I'm just gonna act. Can I do that?" I ask.

"Sure. If it stops you and Michael from being hurt, I'm up for it," Emma says. I sigh in relief.

"Thank you, Emma," I say.

"That's ok Becky. I'm prepared to get fake-beat," she giggles.

"Don't tell Daniel it's an act though. Ok?" I ask. Emma chuckles.

"I won't. I promise," she says.

"Oh, and that Rachel girl?" I say.

"Yeah?"

"She's the girl that Mark asked out after he dumped you."

I can feel Emma's anger over the line.

"Mark dumped me for that?" she asks.

"Yep. Anyway, I gotta act like I actually like Rachel now. She's going out with a member of The Jax. I gotta be nice," I sigh. Emma giggles.

"Good luck. I'll see you tomorrow," she says.

"See you tomorrow," I say, before ending the call.

Now, it's Michael's turn to be rung. I dial his number and hold the phone to my ear.

"Becky?" Michael calls.

"Yeah. It's me, Michael," I say calmly.

I can feel Michael's happiness.

"I missed you!" he cries. Aww.

"I missed you too," I say.

"I want you to come here," Michael says.

"I wish I could, Michael," I say.

"I'm home from hospital," he says.

What?! Since when?!

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"I didn't wanna ring you whilst you were with Daniel. He coulda seen my number come up," Michael says.

I sigh. He has a point.

"Ok, Michael," I say.

"So, tell me what's happened with Daniel," he says. I take a breath.

"Ok. Daniel asked me into The Jax after you got 'knocked out', and I said yeah. We went back to his place, and he said I have to prove I'm bad. So tomorrow, me and Emma have organised a fake hurting match. After I called Emma about it, I got your voicemail. I acted rather well, Daniel bought it. I said I was sad that you'd gone, but that you deserved it," I chuckle. Michael giggles too.

"Did you play him the voice message?" he asks.

Just thinking about his fake Polish accent makes me laugh.

"Yeah. I played it for him. Your Polish accent was so funny, I nearly laughed rather than cried!" I giggle.

I can feel Michael's embarrassment over the line.

"I didn't know what other accent to do," he giggles awkwardly.

"Uh, English?" I suggest.

"I can't do English," he admits.

"Spanish?" I say.

"Maybe.."

"French?"

"I can't do French," he chuckles.

"Hmm, I was wondering why you picked to sound female though.." I say.

"Because I'm naturally more higher pitched, aren't I? Well, most of the time. You do know the high voice isn't my natural voice?" he asks.

What?

"It isn't?" I ask.

"Nope," he giggles. "This is," he says, in a deeper voice.

Woah. He sounds so different!

I've never heard his voice go so low before.

Damn, I don't say stuff like this a lot, but that is.. That is.. *whispering* sexy!

"You need to do that voice more often!" I say. Michael giggles.

His high pitched voice returns.

"Ahh, I dunno. I don't like it," he says.

"Well, I do," I say with a giggle.

"Anyway, back to The Jax. I hope you manage to convince Daniel that you're bad enough," Michael says.

"Thanks. I've already convinced him you're dead. I think I can convince him I'm bad, too," I say with a giggle.

"I know you can do it. I gotta go now baby.. I'm sorry we can't see each other tonight. Come see me tomorrow, ok?" Michael asks.

"Yeah Michael. I miss you," I say.

"I miss you more and most, Sweetheart," he says.

Sweetheart. It's not often he calls me that. I don't think he's ever actually called me that. But I can't remember..

"I love you," he says.

"I love you more," I say.

"I love you most," he whispers.

"Goodnight Michael," I say.

"Goodnight baby," he says.

I end the call. It's been one day, and we already can't bare life without each other. I miss him like crazy.

I want tomorrow to come now, so I can get into The Jax, and finally see Michael.