Chapter 93: Genders & Names

"So.. when are we gonna tell the kids about this?" I ask, as Michael shifts position, standing opposite me.

He takes both my hands in both of his, and rubs my knuckles gently

"We can tell them when we know the gender of our child."

"Tomorrow?" I ask in clarification.

"Yes, tomorrow. I want us to be the first to know about it. Once we know what gender our Prince or Princess is, then we can tell everyone. Alright?" Michael answers.

"That sounds perfect. And it's only one day," I reply, and Michael and I begin to walk down the park, which is illuminated by garden lights and tree lights.

It's a beautiful place, really.

"You don't even realise how happy I am," Michael tells me, coming to a stop by a flower bush.

"Of course I do, Michael. We're gonna be parents to our fourth precious gift," I whisper.

It's just sunk in.

We're having another child, another precious gift.

"My fifth, actually," Michael corrects me, turning to the side and picking a single flower from the bush gently. "Because you were my first gift."

He tucks my hair behind my ear, and slides the flower into my blonde locks, before caressing my cheek softly.

"I could say the same for you," I say, and we continue to walk down the park.

"Ooh," I hiss with a giggle. Michael immediately turns around and looks at me.

"What is it?"

"Baby's kicking," I reply, my speech full of joy as I say those words.

"Wants to meet you already, I bet," Michael whispers, using his free hand to touch my stomach and stroke it gently.

His touch is so precious.

"And you still don't think I'm too old for this, Michael?"

"Of course not. I've said it before; you're the perfect age. You still look like you're in your early twenties."

"I somehow doubt that," I smile, resting my head on his shoulder as we walk.

"Miss Becky, have I told you that I love you lately?" Michael asks innocently, squeezing my hand lightly to get a reaction from me. "Have I told you how much I care?"

"It may have been mentioned before," I chuckle, squeezing his hand back. "And I could ask you the same questions."

"Such a beautiful woman you are," Michael replies softly, his voice almost a whisper. "That's just why I love you."

"And I love you, too," I check the time. "But it's getting late. Maybe we should go home now. It's already 11:20."

"Ok, I'm sure the kids'll have something to say about us being home late. We said we'd be back at 10:30."

"Still the same badasses we were in college," I say, reminiscing the old days. "Being nearly an hour late to be somewhere."

"Oh sure," Michael scoffs quietly, swatting the air. "Cos we all know how badass I was, acting hard to get into the Jax. Only that kinda backfired, if you don't remember. God, do you remember when I faked my death so Daniel wouldn't hurt us?"

"Yes.. and when I had to pretend I was going out with him.. and he.. took my virginity.. I regret that, so much. I really do," I frown.

Michael places his hand under my chin, and lifts it up so I look at him. "Yes, but you took mine, Becky. And did Daniel give you kids? I don't think he did. I was more lucky than him."