Chapter 5: Is That A Threat?

The end of school soon comes, so I grab my bag, and get up from the floor outside the school. The only reason I decided to stay until the end of the day was to say goodbye to Emma.

When I'm outside, I see her walking out of the school doors, her hand interlocked with Mark's.

Ugh. Why do they have to be such a perfect couple? It really annoys me.

Shifting my jealousy aside, I walk up to her. "Hey, Emma," I smile.

She smiles back. "Becky, my girl. How's it been skipping class today?" she asks.

Snickering at how badass I feel, I wave at Mark in greeting and he waves back. "It was great. I missed maths, French, HIStory, science and geography. The worst lessons I have!" I reply smugly.

Emma rolls her eyes, but I can tell that she finds it just as amusing as I do. "Y'know you're gonna have to join back in with the lessons tomorrow?" she says.

Realising she's right, I tut. "Hmm, I guess. I don't have French tomorrow, so I'll be okay," I reply.

We walk towards the school gates, and I turn around, seeing The Jax.

Those eyes again.

They always seem to be looking at me – only me.

So, I try to ignore it, and I carry on walking, but they hypnotise me in a strange way. I can't ever seem to rip my sight away from them once I'm looking. I've never seen such eyes in my life.

"So, you wanna come hang with us for a while?" Emma asks, just as I snap out of my trance.

Unfortunately, I snapped out of it a second too late, as Emma caught me taking my eyes away from Michael to look at her.

"Aw! Dreaming about a bad boy are we?" she asks with a wink.

Appalled at such a thought, I slap her arm. "No! Remember, he attacked me!" I defend myself.

Emma chuckles at my strong denial. "So, you wanna come hang with us?" she asks again.

"Uh ... nah thanks. It'll just be you guys kissing and, frankly, I can't bare another three hours of that," I reply, trying to look serious, but resulting in a burst of laughter escaping my mouth.

Emma laughs too; then we carry on walking down the street, eventually getting to my house.

"Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow," I say, before high fiving Emma and fist bumping Mark.

They both wave in response. "See you tomorrow, Cozzy!" Emma shouts.

Coolly clicking my tongue and pointing at them both, I watch as they walk away from my home, before stepping inside my house.

It's cold, so I switch the heating on and collapse on the sofa.

Ah; comfort at last.

I roll onto my side and switch the TV on.

Okay ... what's on the channels?

Friends.

Friends.

The Big Bang Theory.

Storage Hunters.

Friends.

Come Dine With Me.

Friends.

Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.

That's more like it. Fresh Prince! That show is amazing to me! It's impossible not to sing the theme tune as it plays.

"In West Philadelphia, born and raised,
On a playground is where I spent most of my days,
Chilling out, maxin, relaxin all cool and shooting some B-ball outside of the school ... " I sing.