adjusting to the pain, you looked up towards the stranger who bumped into you, unintentionally.

except, it wasn't a stranger, it was taehyung.

"holy shit, y/n are you okay?" taehyung questioned, with his eyes widened after seeing your state. after a moment of your breathing coming back to normal, taehyung helped you up, as he remained rubbing circles on your back to ease the pain.

"what are you doing out here so late?" he glanced at his wrist, reading the time off of his watch. "y/n it's almost twelve in the morning."

he placed both hands on each of your shoulders, as you kept your gaze down, not saying a word.

taehyung studied your face, no longer focused on the accident between you bumping into each other. his focus was on the tears that had escaped your eyes, straining your red tinted cheeks, and the sad expression you wore on your face. he is concerned.

"look at me," taehyung said with a soft voice, but you didn't budge. "y/n, look at me." he repeated. this time you slowly bring your head up looking directly into his eyes.

his expression was stern, as his hands remained on your shoulders.

without a word coming out of either of your mouths taehyung pulled you into a hug. a comforting hug that you didn't know that you needed for a long time.

taehyung read you like a book, seeing in your eyes that you needed someone's comfort.

and he was ready to be there for you.

+ 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏 .

you laid in taehyung's bed on your side, facing the wall. you heard taehyung's steps approach you from behind, and pause.

"we'll talk about this tomorrow, goodnight y/n." he greeted a goodnight, with his voice sharp and stern.

"night y/n, i hope you sleep well." you hear hoseok say after. you shut your eyes, hearing taehyung back and get himself into the covers, afterwards hoseok turning off the lamp that is displayed over the nightstand.

you opened your eyes only to see nothing but black.
the room was pitched black.

it was like your eyes were shut. soon enough, your eyes adjusted to the light and you manage to make out what the rooms layout is like, due to the natural light that came from the window, from the balcony.

you are currently resting in taehyung and hoseoks dormitory once again.

when you walked in with teary eyes, hoseoks face came into shock. the boys comforted you for a while until it got more and more late into the night, causing you guys to be where you are now. hoseok insisted for you to sleep on his bed, but taehyung offered instead.

you were now laid on taehyung's bed as he slept on the floor, laying over a blanket.

the boys comforted you, like they did previously. however, the atmosphere was different.

this time, there weren't any movies involved in the way they comforted you. there wasn't any pillow fights, smiles, or laughter. it was just seriousness.

you felt bad for being a bother but the boys did not mind for you to crash for the night. you were so thankful, but unfortunately couldn't express how grateful you are. you weren't able to think straight. your mind focused on jungkook this whole night.

you shut your eyes closed once again, attempting to fall asleep due to how exhausted you were.

but after ten minutes of trying to fall asleep, it was to no avail. the silence in the room was killing you that night, giving you too much time to think. you turn around on the bed, glancing at the alarm clock that was over the nightstand.

2:04am.

you sighed, glancing over towards hoseok, seeing him completely knocked out — same with taehyung.

you laid back down, back to your previous position and close your eyes once more. after tossing and turning a numerous amount in taehyungs bed, you were still not able to fall asleep.

fuck it.

you got up from the bed, trying to not make any sound at all. however, tonight everything is against you. the bed creaked a little, as you slowly stepped down. making sure not to awaken the two sleeping boys, you slipped on your shoes and grabbed a grey spare crewneck that hung over the desk chair.

it was probably hoseoks, but you didn't care.

you left their dorm, heading to the one place where you were able to have space to yourself.

the rooftop.

you crossed your arms, the cold atmosphere inside of the building hitting your sensitive skin. you felt goosebumps form all over, as you pushed the door opened — the door that lead to the staircases.

after a few minutes of going up the long staircase, you pushed the door opened, the cool air instantly hitting your skin.

you walked towards the railing, the door swinging closed on its own. making it to the railings, you placed your hands over the cold metal and looked down at the ground.

the cool wind blew through your hair, sending shivers down your spine. you closed your eyes and threw your head back, enjoying the cool breeze. this was what you needed. you needed some time alone to focus on nothing else but yourself. you wanted to be alone, and simply let the air consume you.

you felt the heaviness, weigh off of your shoulders. though you were still going through a hard time, spending some time on the rooftop felt like a deep cleanse from all the negativity.

but again, you remembered that leaving the rooftop would only lead you back to reality.

"y/n?"

you heard his voice call out.

you to immediately turn around, looking towards the voice that called your name. of course your luck went against you, out of all days and times.

it was jungkook.

+

buckle up, next chapter will be a hell of a ride.
* unedited, ignore mistakes.