I smiled.

"First date. You hoped there would be a second?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Nothing."

We were silent for a while, only with random giggling and comments about the movie. But eventually Michael cleared his throat and spoke up.

"So, what's the deal with that v-card?"

I gasped so violently that my lungs stung. Then I coughed way too loud.

"Oh, my God! How do you know about that?"

"Well, your friend kind of announced it out loud when we met," he chuckled, and I was almost positive that he had to be blushing like I did. Blushing, or smirking like an idiot. Only I wasn't just blushing. I had etching lava oozing out of every pore in my face, while I relived the moment Gabby exposed me in the most horrible setting ever. A moment I'd already stuffed halfway into the pocket of amnesia inside my brain.

"Watch the movie!" I yelled.

"I am! But I still wanna know."

"Gabby just doesn't know when to shut up. And... Oh, my God. You've thought about that ever since then?"

I was almost groaning in humiliation.

"Not really, but I gotta admit that the thought perked my interest."

I pursed my lips so hard that they probably were invisible, while I tried to find a way out of this topic.

"So now you're watching Peter Pan, eating popcorn while wearing mismatched socks, with a boner between your legs? Is that so?"

"No," he laughed, but I heard his voice changed a little. It got deeper, in a way.

"Perv," I mumbled. "Watch the movie."

"You remembered the socks," he said after a minute or so.

"Yeah? And?"

"Nothing special. You just never commented on that."

"The whole world knows that, Michael. Or maybe not the whole world. But your fans, which is pretty much the whole world, so..."

He distracted me with a moan.

"Oh... I like the way you say my name," he said with a strained voice.

"Are you...? Please say you're not...?"

I just couldn't bring the word to life between my lips. But luckily I didn't have to.

"You didn't call me Michael Jackson. You said Michael. I like that."

"Oh, thank God!" I exclaimed in relief, causing him to hesitate.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Nothing! Nothing at all."

"I just hit my elbow on the edge of the bed, naughty girl."

The last two words were an incoherent mumble, but I heard them. And I knew that he knew what I thought he was doing. So, blushing like I'd swallowed a whole chili pepper, I sniffed and cleared my throat.

"So... Sup?" I said awkwardly, just to have something to say, and Michael started cackling.

"You're adorable."

"No, I'm not," I objected. "I'm annoyed."

"Annoyed? Why?"

"Because I've never met someone who has made me blush so hard that my hair roots hurt."