𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

One year later...

"Nyla."

"Nyla!"

"Here Kabir." A reply was heard and Kabir smiled knowingly.

As a freshly awakened Kabir made his way towards the balcony of their house, there stood Nyla, looking fresh as ever enjoying the Dehradun breeze early in the morning.

The smile which she carries around in their house is enough for Kabir to forget all his worries.

"Nyla, you'll catch cold. Why are standing here just in your nightwear?" Kabir scolded lightly and all Nyla did was to let out a small giggle in response.

Kabir just worries too much for her in her thinking.

He wrapped up a warm shawl around her petite figure and Nyla snuggled into Kabir's chest as according to her it's the only place she gets warmth from.

The life of Nyla and Kabir had been amazing this one year. Both of them didn't leave a chance to amaze each other with the love they had buried deep inside since years.

It's a saying that Karma destroys everyone whether it's sooner or later. And the same happened with Arvind and Mohit.

Their business' condition didn't improve any good. All that happened were losses in every field and it wasn't long that they had to shut down their company.

Somewhere Nyla had known that their condition wasn't any good and it was the whole reason why Arvind and Mohit were planning such things.

The loss was so big that they even had to sell their house which was a part of bungalow. The person who bought those was none other than Kabir. And the only reason why Kabir did it was because Nyla was heartbroken when she got to know that her childhood's home would be destroyed as her father couldn't repay the loss and cope up with the big amount.

Arvind and Naina Rai did have an ounce of guilt after they were left with basically nothing. They had this thought somewhere in their mind that what they were doing with their daughter wasn't something a good parent does or should do. Instead they were more of a enemy towards her. But the guilt wasn't enough for them to approach Nyla and ask for forgiveness. Or let's just say they didn't even tried to contact her once after Kabir and Nyla left the bungalow to live here a year ago.

But Nyla could only care less.

Nyla had accepted her fate and this marriage long back. When her parents couldn't worry about her since her childhood, then she had no guilt about not caring for her parents. She was absolutely contented with her life with Kabir in their own home.

"Kabir, how is their health these days?" Nyla asked in a soft voice and Kabir sighed.

All these months Nyla would ask Kabir for the well being of her parents as he would get to know everything by his mother whom he still talks with.

"They're fine Nyla. He had enough money to purchase a small home in the outskirts and Vansh helps them with whatever he can from Delhi itself." He replied and she nodded her head in understanding.

Vansh had decided to separate himself completely as well and shifted to another city for peace and his betterment. He was fine with doing the 9-5 job and was in touch with Nyla whenever possible.

"And Mohit Uncle?" She asked hesitantly.

"Still hell bent of finding a man for Esha. And they even have got one in their grasp. They would ask for money in return to marry off her so that they can live their lives." Kabir replied, his tone filled with disgust.

"You know, I sometimes feel bad for them, but as soon as the images of whatever they had did to me plays in my mind, I forget about every care or respect. And I don't know why, but I don't feel any kind of affection towards Esha. Maybe I am wrong because of this." Nyla shrugged.

"You are not wrong Nyla. Forgiveness isn't easy. It takes time and specially you will take time. They had been doing things since years so, there's nothing to worry about." Kabir replied cupping her face.

"And what if I am not able to forgive?" Nyla asks with hesitation.

"Then still you're not wrong. If this gives you happiness then you won't. Simple as that." Kabir replied patting her back gently.

"You know very well how to make me understand things." She whispered making Kabir smile.

"So, how's your job going?" He questioned with deep interest.

"Fantastic. People are so nice there and I am getting so many new things to learn." She replied with excitement evident in her tone.

"That's amazing. I was sure that you'll get campus placement from your college." He said proudly.

She giggled welcoming his embrace.

Nyla had always been a brilliant student and it was no different this time. A company had itself approached her in the college placement for internship and Nyla's happiness was no bounds. She had done something herself for the first time. Nothing was more pleasing than this.

If only she hadn't married Kabir, then there was no chance of her continuing the college and the internship. Her father had made this very clear that she would not be studying further and job was never an option. But Kabir supports her with everything and her opinion was that she couldn't find a better man as a life partner.

"Kabir, we've been married for a year and we don't have a baby yet. I want to have our baby." Nyla pouted making Kabir's eyes open as wide saucers.

"Nyla, you're just 23. This is no time to think about such things. You should focus more on your internship." Kabir replied in a comparatively stern voice.

"But you're already 29. Don't you want a child?" She frowned looking at him this time.

"So what I am 29? This age is normal Nyla. And things will happen naturally when it's the best time. Now tell me, do you really think you're ready to be be mother?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"Uhhh- no." She replied after a good minute.

"Exactly my point. And not just you. Even I am not ready. It's just the beginning of our relation Nyla and I don't want to get busy in changing the diapers this soon." He playfully joked and Nyla couldn't help, but to let out a laugh.

"I can only imagine you changing the diapers of our children." She said with a dreamy look.

"You have no idea how good I am with children." He said with a smug look.

"Hope I'll see the same in upcoming time." She said smiling at her husband.

"Hope so too." He said, pecking her lips which was the beginning of an intense kiss again from Kabir's side.

And this is how Nyla's life changed which bought nothing, but happiness, love, care and affection that Kabir didn't miss any chance to shower.

Because at the end he's the sweetest of all towards Nyla.