Date night

Today I am officially 9 weeks pregnant, I still have terrible morning sickness in the morning and nausea throughout the day which was probably one of the worst symptoms at the moment. I have begun to show slightly but it isn't obvious to those who don't know, I need to pee like every 10 seconds and overall my body is just very achy.

It isn't all bad though, sure I can't have coffee (which I missed greatly) but Joey and I have been closer than ever lately, he has been super supportive and helpful, even though I treat him like crap with my whacked up hormones, I could not ask for a better husband.

I look up from my journal at Joey who is now Standing in the doorway "how you feeling?" He asks me coming over to sit beside me, I close my journal and place it in the drawer next to me.

"Better" I reply snuggling in next to him taking in the scent of him as I rest my head on his chest.

I feel the heat of him making me feel safe and loved, he holds me close and strokes my hair lovingly.

"I love you" I barely mutter out before I drift off, so tired after the long day I've had.

***

The next day I wake up in Joey's arms similar to the way I remember falling asleep in, I look up and smile at Joey who was still asleep, he looked so peaceful that I didn't want to move him but damn did I have to pee, I also knew that soon I would also have my regular morning sickness.

I really had to get up.

I begin to slowly wriggle from his grasp on me, moving as gently as possible.

He begins to stir so I stay still but he does not wake up so after a few moments I move again.

After a few minutes I successfully roll out of bed. I tip toe to the door and look over at Joey, he looked so peaceful and I loved just looking at him like this, i couldn't stay long though because I felt I was about to burst.

***

After quite a few minutes in the bathroom I walk out feeling much better, still a bit nauseous but better.

I begin to walk into the kitchen planning to get myself and Joey breakfast to pay him back for all the times he's made me breakfast in the past few weeks, but that plan fails as I see him already in the kitchen.

"Oh no did I wake you?" I ask walking in, he turns and looks up from the pot of coffee he was making, "no I woke up a few minutes ago and didn't see you so assumed you had gone to the bathroom so I decided I'd start making breakfast" he replies turning back to his pot of coffee, "no stop, I wanted to make breakfast. I mean you've made it the past few weeks so it's the least I could do" I say and he stops and comes over to me.

"Okay well if you're making breakfast then I'm planning dinner" he says with a wink, "is that a date?" I ask blushing a bit.

"I'll pick you up 7" he replies and plants a kiss on my cheek on the way out of the kitchen.

I stand there frozen for a few seconds blushing from what had just occurred, then I continue on with the pot of coffee Joey had begun brewing and I continue on making breakfast. He's so romantic I think to myself while I make breakfast, I can't wait to see what he comes up with for a date.

***

I stand in front of the bathroom mirror applying a light touch up of makeup adding slightly more than before, I still didn't know what the date was but I felt like getting slightly glammed up to hide the tired, ugly face underneath that was currently going through a breakout thanks to the hormones that pregnancy brought.

After applying the last little touches of makeup I do one last check of everything looking down at the flowy dress that I chose to hide my stomach because I was feeling a bit self conscious about how big I was getting, along with a pair of heels that added about 2 inches to my height.