Rito Ruboi

Shénguāng's POV

After a few minutes, Rito came back, holding a plate of chinese delicacies. "Here Shēnyuān, your favorite, Steamed dumplings, today's special Chow Mein, and my favorite dish Sweet and sour pork! And a nice glass of butterfly pea tea." Rito said, and Shēnyuān was drooling slightly.

"Did you really make this all for us?" Shēnyuān asked wiping the drool off his lips. "Yep! It's a special occasion, and if I'm correct, you loved the steamed dumplings, and the butterfly pea tea is one of your favorites~" Rito replied with a laugh.

"Now eat up, I know you love the dumplings in this place." He added, sitting next to Shēnyuān, as I sit on the other side. "So, how long have you known each other?" I asked, sipping on the tea.

Rito put his hands on the table and giggled. "We've known each other for a while now, about a year and a half right Shēnyuān?" Rito said as he nudged Shēnyuān's shoulders. "Not now..." Shēnyuān menacingly said, stuffing his face with a dumpling, making Rito and I laugh.

Rito then wiped his tears of laughter and patted Shēnyuān's head, which made him smile. "God, you're adorable!" Rito screamed happily. "I can't help it, I love the food in Chinese Cuisine, and I love Rito's cooking too!" Shēnyuān said in a cheerful voice, chewing on the dumpling.

I sighed after a few minutes of laughing, and looked at Shēnyuān. "So, how long have you known each other Shēnyuān?" I said, and Shēnyuān gulped down his food and smiled. "One and a half years, I stopped coming here when I started doing online class..." Shēnyuān answered as he continued eating.

"Well, are you two good friends?" I questioned again. "Decent friends, I guess" Shēnyuān answered.

Rito pouted and sighed. "Just friends? Not best friends or anything?" Rito asked, and Shēnyuān giggled slightly. "Fine, my first best friend."  Shēnyuān said, sipping the tea slowly.

"You're really open right now Shēnyuān." I said happily. "Well... Rito is a nice person, and one of the people who never bullied me..." Shēnyuān answered with a sad tone.

Rito chuckled and put his tea down. "Don't look so down, actually, you should come back! Many of the students who bullied you were either reported and were either suspended for calling you names, or expelled for physically beating you."

I looked surprised and concerned and shouted. "Shēnyuān! Were you actually hurt!? Why didn't you tell me!?" I said, concerned about my little brother. "I'm fine... It wasn't that painful..." Shēnyuān said, crossing his arms.

"There weren't any permanent scars right?" I said, concerned hoping he would say no, but Shēnyuān sighed and lifted up his jacket and shirt, revealing a yellowish-brown color on his chest, shocking Rito and I.

"I-Is it permanent?" Rito said staring right at the bruise, and Shēnyuān nodded tearing up. "It feels a little painful when you press on it..." Shēnyuān replied clenching his teeth.

"Shēnyuān... Why didn't you tell anyone?" I asked. "I didn't want anyone to be in a state of panic, so I just stayed silent..." Shēnyuān answered, making Rito sigh, then chuckle.

"You really are an idiot Shēnyuān." Rito said, patting his head. "W-What do you mean by that!?"

"I'm saying, you can't do every problem alone, there's some problems you require someone's help and your family will be glad to help you." Rito replied, ruffling Shēnyuān's hair more.

"Well, I guess I should finish my break, and go back to work, enjoy your food, and don't forget what I just said~ People in this world do care about you."

And with that Rito stood up and left the table going back to the counter, leaving Shēnyuān confused.

"Well, Rito wasn't wrong, you can't always solve problems on your own." I said as Shēnyuān lowered his clothes to cover his chest and his bruise. "Anyways, why don't we finish eating here and report back to Ren Zhi." I say with a smile.

"Alright..." Shēnyuān said with a sigh. "At least this bruise doesn't hurt a lot..." Shēnyuān added. "It's alright, it may be permanent, but as long as we don't touch it, you'll be fine." I say, eating and drinking the food Rito served.

Shēnyuān shrugged and continued to eat. "You don't have to worry about me every time I get hurt..." Shēnyuān mumbled softly. "I know, but, I care for you, you're my brother." I reply.

"Were not even related though..." Shēnyuān said with a frown. "Biological brothers or not, I won't let you feel like this, I care for you and don't you forget that." I say which made Shēnyuān smile.

"T-Thank you big brother..." Shēnyuān said, continuing to eat slowly. "No problem" I replied, and we continued to eat.

After a few minutes, we finished eating and I stood up. "Ready to go Shēnyuān?" I asked and he nodded and started to get up "Yeah, I'm good..." Shēnyuān said and started hugging me from behind.

I chuckled and started to move, while Shēnyuān followed. "You don't need to hug me so tight." I said playfully as we get out of the restaurant. "Sorry... I just miss doing stuff like this..." Shēnyuān apologized and let go.

"Oh right... I always forget you're still a child." I said, picking Shēnyuān up, which made him giggle. "You just act like a adult whenever you're near people." I say walking home with him in my arms.

As I walked home with Shēnyuān now hugging my neck with both arms, I noticed he was staring right at me. "Is there something bothering you Shēnyuān?" I asked looking right at Shēnyuān's cute little eyes. "How do you always know why I do something that isn't considered normal?" Shēnyuān said and I giggled.

"You're a child, your problems aren't that complicated if you think about it logically or from your view." I say happily, focusing on my walking. "I like big brother, he's so smart..." Shēnyuān said hugging my neck tighter.

"That's sweet" I said as I stop in front of our house. "Well, we're back home, you can let go now." I say unlocking the door. "Aw... But I like hugging big brother." Shēnyuān said as he got off and sat on the floor.

"Well, are you ready to talk to Ren Zhi, or do you want to have some rest first?" I ask in a soft tone. "Rest, then talk~" Shēnyuān said, lying down on the floor, and I chuckled.

I then sat down and rubbed Shēnyuān's head. "Alright, rest for a few minutes then we'll talk to Ren Zhi."

Shēnyuān nodded and closed his eyes, and I giggled. "Rest well, Shēnyuān..."