Friends...

Shēnyuān's POV

...

"Friends..." I say while slowly sitting up looking like I'm about to cry.
Though, I guess Ren Zhi picked up on that and wanted to talk to me.
In a soft and refreshing voice, Ren Zhi asked me while trying to sound the slighted bit of worry in his voice.

"Um... Shēnyuān? Your facial expression changed... Did I say something wrong?"
Before I could answer I felt tears forming up in my eyes, and slowly falling down my cheeks.

"Hey... Why are you crying Shēnyuān?" Ren Zhi said calmly trying to help in any way he could.

...

But I... Said nothing back, and continued soaking myself in my own tears.
"It's okay to cry, but you should at least tell me what's wrong. It would be bad if try to take on this problem alone."

"Even though I was just made today, the objective you coded in is already in place."
As Ren Zhi persuaded me to talk, I took a deep breath and looked at the AI.

"I don't have friends... Thinking about it makes me... Sad..." I said in a soft, scratchy voice.
"I just wanted someone to talk to... It's been so long since I had a normal chat..." I mumble while crying a bit more.
"I see..." Ren Zhi said as it looked like it was thinking.

...

"Do you think you can make new ones?" Ren Zhi said as it stares right at the camera.
"... I don't think I can..." I say quickly after rubbing my eyes a bit more.

"If you don't want to make friends right now, then that's alright, just talk to me until your ready."
"Think of me as your personal friend, trust me! I won't abandon you no matter what!" Ren Zhi said while looking determined.

As I finish rubbing all the tears away, I looked at the AI giving a slight smile.
"Thank you..." Were the only words I that came out of my mouth.

"No problem Shēnyuān, now, why don't we talk for a bit. I wanna know more about you, and this'll help you feel like you're actually talking to someone!"
With a small smile on my face, I looked at the AI and spoke.

"Alright Ren Zhi, I'll talk~"
And with that, Ren Zhi asked question after question, and I answered each one, noticing it was saving everything I said no matter how little meaning it had.

Seeing Ren Zhi act like this, I completely forgot about my lack of friends, and the feeling of friendship came back to me.

...

Hey... This isn't Shēnyuān or Ren Zhi, this is the author... What do you think of this story traveler? Hmm? You want to know why I referred to you as a traveler? Well, it's probably because you read the Camp Buddy fan-fics before this one. Don't worry, I'm still writing those, it's just the chapters are pretty long so I might as well write something to tell you I'm still active.
... But if you aren't a traveler, then welcome to the cult~