Little brother Shēnyuān

Shēnyuān's POV

As I talked with Ren Zhi for a while, I lied down on my bed and stared at Ren Zhi.

"You're so interesting Shēnyuān." Ren Zhi said as I hugged my pillow.
"And you're fun to talk to~"
"Oh yeah, Shēnyuān, may I ask you a question?

But before I could reply to Ren Zhi, I heard someone knocking on my door. I turned off my phone and walked to my door.

When I opened the door, I saw my big brother, Shénguāng.
Shénguāng and I used to be very close, but now we barely talk to each other after I found out, we weren't actually biologically siblings.
Though I try to not talk about this to anyone, knowing it'll only cause chaos.

"Hey Shēnyuān, Mom and Dad will be out for the weekend, so I'll be taking care of you." Shénguāng said while staring at me.
"Kay..." I replied not wanting to talk to him.

Afte a moment of silence, Shénguāng scratched his head and looked at me, who was also confused.

"This is awkward." I said while opening the door fully.
"You can come in if you want."
Shénguāng nodded, walked in, and closed the door behind him.

"It's been awhile since I went into your room." Shénguāng said while looking around.
"Alright..."

"Hey, Shēnyuān..?" Shénguāng said in a soft and concerned tone.
"Yep?" I replied confused on what was happening.

"I just wanted to know why you're no longer as friendly to me, we used to be very close, but now it's like you no longer think of me as your brother."
"I-It's nothing... Don't worry about it..." I say while looking away, trying to hide the tears forming in my eyes.

Though I tried to hide it, Shénguāng noticed the tears and wiped them.
"Hey, what's wrong? Talk to me." Shénguāng said caressing my face, concerned.
"Do you want to know...?" I mumble those words

I then stood up and grabbed a few times from my drawer.
Once I got all the files, I showed them to Shénguāng.

"Adoption papers... Shēnyuān, where did you find these?" Shénguāng asked.
"I... Found them in mom and dad's room...
"But... Why didn't you tell me? And why didn't I notice it sooner?" I ask while I cry a bit more.

Shénguāng then hugged me and patted my back.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner..." Shénguāng said while patting my back.

"But why do I look so much like you if we aren't even related?" I questions him while tearing up again.
"It was pure coincidence, when you were growing we noticed you looked very similar to me when I was your age, so we just didn't tell you and thought you wouldn't notice..."
After hearing that response, I stared right at Shénguāng.

"So, no one was intending to tell me I was adopted?"
"I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want anything to change, I still wanted you to think of me as your sibling and not like your step brother." Shénguāng said while hugging me tighter.

"I'm so sorry for not telling you this little guy..." Shénguāng said while running his fingers through my hair.
I then hugged back planting my face in his chest.

"I-It's alright... I forgive you..."
"Shēnyuān..."
"If your reason of not telling me I was adopted was to just keep our bond find, I won't get mad..." I say while hugging Shénguāng.

"It's alright, but, you're not mad that you're adopted?" Shénguāng said while looking at me.
"I was upset because no one told me I was adopted..." I mumble into is shirt while gripping his shirt tightly.

"But... Why did you adopt me in the first place?" I ask, trusting he'll give an honest answer.
"Well... I really wanted a little brother to play with, but since mom and dad were always busy, they didn't have any time to make a baby, so they thought adopting a child would be easier... And I'm quite happy I had you with me."

After hearing the reason I was adopted, I couldn't help but cry into his shirt, happy that such a loving and caring family took me in.

"Hehe... Looks like you got all soft on me~" Shénguāng whispered while petting my head softly.
"I just... Can't believe, I was given so much love..." I say in a scratchy and ragged tone.
"Shhh... Relax, We all love you, now, it's getting late, it's time to rest cutie~"

Shénguāng then tucked me in gave me a quick hug.
Once I was snuggled in, Shénguāng turned off my lights and left my room.

"Good night little guy~" Shēnyuān said before closing the door shut.
"Good night big brother~" I reply in a happy tone.

Once Shénguāng heard my reply, he closed the door shut and I relaxed on me bed, happy on our little talk.
After a few minutes, I put the adoption papers away, grabbed my phone, turned it on and started talking to Ren Zhi.

"You turned off your phone suddenly, what happened?"
"Sorry, I just had a talk with my big brother..." I say in a soft cheerful-like tone.
"You have a brother? Can we talk about him?" Ren Zhi asked looking slightly curious on him.

After yawning for a few seconds, I smiled and hugged my pillow.

"His name is Shēnyuān, but, why don't we talk about him next time. I'm pretty tired right now, is that alright with you?" I say while slowly falling asleep.
"That's alright, good night Shēnyuān." Ren Zhi said before automatically turning off my phone.