chapter nine• relations ☆

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, no, they wouldn't want one of those, they're for vampires, I expect," Hermione was saying.

"How about these?" said Ron, shoving a jar of Cockroach Clusters under Hermiones nose.

"Definitely not," said Harry grinning.

Ron nearly dropped the jar. "Harry Y/n" squealed Hermione. "What are you doing here? How -how did you-?"

"Wow!" said Ron, looking very impressed, "you've learned to Apparate!"

''Course we haven't," You said. Harry joined in and dropped his voice so that none of the sixth years could hear him and told them all about the Marauder's Map. "How come Fred and George never gave it to me!" said Ron, outraged. "I'm their brother!"

"But Harry isn't going to keep it!" Hermione said thinking of how ludicrous the idea was. "He's going to hand it in to Professor McGonagall, aren't you Harry?"

Harry vehemently denied the idea, if he returned it he'd have to say where he got it from, revealing the twins nicked it from Filch.

"But what about Sirius Black?" Hermione hissed. "He could be using one of the passages on that map to get into the castle! The teachers have got to know!"

"He can't be getting in through a passage," said Harry quickly. "There are seven secret tunnels on the map, right? Fred and George reckon Filch already knows about four of them. And of the other three -- one of them's caved in, so no one can get through it. one of them's got the Whomping Willow planted over the entrance, so you can't get out of it.
And the one I just came through -well - - it's really hard to see the entrance to it down in the cellar, so unless he knew it was there..." Harry hesitated. What if Black did know the passage was there? You, however, cleared your throat significantly, and pointed to a notice pasted on the inside of the sweetshop door.

--BY ORDER OF --- THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC——

'Customers are reminded that until further notice, dementors will be patrolling the streets of Hogsmeade every night after sundown. This wilbe has upon he incaper israeacH stateresidents and
advisable that you complete your shopping well before nightfall.
Merry Christmas!'

"See?" Said Ron quietly, "I'd like to see Black break in with dementors swarming the place and without the owners hearing. I mean they live over the shop!"

"Yes, but but --" Hermoine seemed to be struggling to find another problem. "Look, they still shouldn't be coming into Hogsmeade. Neither have got a signed form! If anyone finds out, they'd be in so much trouble! And it's not nightfall yet -- what if Sirius Black turns up today? Now?"

"He'd have a job spotting them in this," said Ron, nodding through the mullioned windows at the thick, swirling snow. "Come on, Hermione, it's Christmas. Harry deserves a break."

Hermione bit her lip, looking extremely worried.
"Are you going to report us?" Harry asked her, grinning. You looked at your friend hopefully.

"Oh - of course not -- but honestly -"

"Seen the Fizzing Whizbees, Harry?" said Ron, grabbing him and leading him over to their barrel. "And the Jelly Slugs Y/n? And the Acid Pops? Fred gave me one of those when I was seven -- it burnt a hole right through my tongue. I remember Mum walloping him with her broomstick." Ron stared broodingly into the Acid Pop box. "Reckon Fred'd take a bite of Cockroach Cluster if I told him they were peanuts?"

After purchasing all their sweets the four of you trailed out of Honeydukes, a blizzard was in the making. If there was anything both you and Harry regretted, it was not wearing your coats. You stayed close together, basically hip to hip, hoping the body heat would sustain some sort of warmth. It wasn't much but it was better than nothing. Shivering you talked about the options you had in spending the rest of your day there.