You Sent A Demon To Fetch Me

Começar do início

I freeze at the door of her room, unable to take another step in. Every inch of the wall is covered with posters. Religious texts and symbols often associated with the Devil. There even is a framed picture of Sam resting atop her lilac bedcover.

A huge smirk forms on Sam's face as he turns back to me, his eyes glinting.

"Will you look at that, Angel? I have a stalker. How flattering."

I swallow back the bile that threatens to rise and manage a step into the neatly arranged room. Sam follows after me and we both look around, though I have no idea what we are looking for.

"Why do you call me Angel?" I question Sam, though I know now is not the time for twenty questions. He however decides to provide me with a response.

"It seems fitting. Now, search for something, anything that can give us a clue as to who did this?" Sam is quick to dismiss me.

I want to press him; I want to ask why it is suddenly fitting that I answer Angel. Because he considers me as someone painfully good or as annoying as the Angels are? At least he's always rambling about how Angels are annoying creatures.

I don't though. I let out a short hum and return to looking around the room for anything that doesn't seem to belong.

I walk over to the table in the centre of the room and call Sam's attention. He walks over to me and chuckles briefly when he finds what I am showing him.

Atop the table and beside her laptop are huge leather-bound books stacked on each other, which I find amusing as I don't know Trixie as one to read.

I pick up the first book and stare at the title engraved to it in a golden italic font.

ABCs OF ANGELS

"Fascinating!" Sam murmurs as he picks up the second and examines it.

PRINCE OF LIGHT

"Did you know that I know the author of this book personally? She didn't even tell me she was writing a book about me. How fascinating. Her books are banned almost all over as she paints me in somewhat of a positive light. I guess the religious don't want people to have sympathy for the Devil or whatever." Sam shakes his head and drops the book atop one.

THE DEVIL; HISTORY

There are a lot other in the stack, but something else has my attention now. I return the book in my hands and point to the dead girl's laptop. Sam nods and lifts up the screen. It lights up immediately.

The laptop opens to a note typed on a word document and curiosity gets the better of me, so I lean forward to read the text.

To whomever is reading this;

Life without Ben seems bleak and not worth living. Every breath I have taken seems like a waste of oxygen and there seems to be no point going on as what is the purpose of life when lived without one's better half?

I apologize for whatever pain I must have caused you, but in doing this, I hope to reunite with my love. I also wish to lay an apology for everyone I have hurt by my words and my deeds. I understand now how very selfish I have acted for a long while and know that I am very remorseful.

One day, we will meet again.

Bye, Trix.

I straighten myself and stare at Sam, my brows furrowed as I gesture towards the note.

"You are right. She was indeed murdered." I agree with him and he tilts his head to the side as he watches me with a bemused expression in his eyes.

"While I am always right, pray, tell me what made you drive at the same page as me?" Sam inquires and I breathe out deeply.

"The suicide note. It's so poetic and rhythmic. Trixie is not smart enough to string those words together, but I know someone who is amazing at poetry and could think of this."

~~~

Woah! Who do you think Bells is speaking of? 

Well, I cannot say I am sorry for killing off Trixie. she was really starting to annoy me. Lol. 

Anyway, I am off to start working on the next chapter. My aim for it is three thousand words. Yes. A super long chapter for you lovelies. And in Sam's POV.

Who's excited?

Please vote and comment if you are enjoying this story.

tag your friends who you think will want to read it. And also spare me a follow.

Love you all beautiful folks.