You Sent A Demon To Fetch Me

Start from the beginning

The house is barely recognizable under the glare of the police lights and the sound of loud screams of pain. There are police officers littered on the lawn, and my heart pounds in my chest as my head flees to the day I returned home just to find out that my cousin was dead.

Sam smiles fondly at me, and when he's sure I am not about to fall, he lets go of me.

"I didn't think the journey here would be so awful. Then again, Demons lack the grace of Angels so it's to be expected," he speaks up, but I am not listening. I don't even care about the supposed Demon that caused me a panic attack just moments prior.

The only thing that my brain is transfixed upon is the officers walking around and the ambulance in the corner. Mrs. Valerie is crying into the neck of her husband who looks just as distraught. An officer is talking to them, but I doubt he is hearing anything the woman is saying.

"Resist the urge to have a flashback, Angel. I know you are suffering from PTSD, all things considered, but –"

"What's happening? What even is the time?" I demand answers, staring up into the darkened sky.

Sam breathes in deeply from his nose, reeling in his anger from being interrupted by a mere human, but I don't bother with an apology. There seems to be more pressing cases than his bruised ego.

"Something supposedly melancholic just occurred. Why, I was cruising the skies when news got to me that Trixie just took her own life."

"Trixie what?" I yell in shock, attracting the attention of a few officers.

I recognize Tiffany's father, officer Romero approach Sam and me and I draw my lower lip between my teeth nervously, whereas Sam seems in control as usual.

"Good morning, Sam. What are you doing here? Friend of Trixie?" The man raises a brow at Sam who scoffs in disdain as though insulted.

"I'll be damned a million times before that happens. Quite the contrary. Her presence irritated me." Sam never stops smiling as he addresses the man who opens his mouth to say something, probably to send us on our merry way, but Sam suddenly stretches a gloved hand and grabs the man's hand.

"Let us in before the forensic team comes along, will you?" Sam's voice comes out smoother than usual and his eyes are trained solely on the man, his lips quirked in a smug smile.

Officer Romero swallows, then nods, albeit reluctantly and I doubt he gave his consent willingly. Sam most likely used his Angelic or Devilish trick on the poor man.

I am not given a chance to question though as Sam grabs a hold of my hand and leads me quietly into the building.

"You sent a Demon to fetch me!" I suddenly exclaim when we are inside the empty house and Sam shrugs. "It didn't fly."

"She," Sam corrects, "and Demons don't fly. They don't have wings. She was summoned by me and so appeared immediately."

Sam leads me into the scene of the crime itself; Trixie's bathroom and the metallic smell of blood assaults my senses immediately, I struggle to resist the urge to dry heave.

Other than the bloody tub and the bloodied razor blade, the bathroom is pristine. There's no sign whatsoever of a struggle. I take a moment to offer a silent prayer of thanks to God that the body has been removed.

"She most definitely didn't commit suicide." Sam states it like it's a fact.

"She could've. You messed with her head," I note but he shakes his head as he examines the place.

"She didn't. I can still feel the well contained and psychopathic rage in this room. Someone most definitely wanted her dead and saw to it that she is. Come!" Sam leads me into the girl's room.