Is he trying to communicate? I think with a feeling of fondness.

"Is that right sweetheart? I missed you as well but its okay now, I was only in the other room" I coo at the adorable creature, with precise hand movements to help explain my words hoping to reassure my frightened little pet.

A chuckle escapes my mouth as he nods his head like he could understood my words.

"Now we are going to bathe you in warm water, that's right Red" I praise him as he looks over at the water "and then you are going to eat your ooman safety food and have some of the medication the pet healer supplied me with as we have places to go that you've never been to before" I continue all with a steady soothing voice, making it seem like we were having a conversation.

Red makes another couple of words before looking down.

The strange ooman lets out a prey sounding squeak as his cheeks flush the colour of his name.

Shaking my head at the weird creature before placing him on the floor as he started to struggle in my arms.

"Red, stay" I command the pet as I quickly step into the air dryer to get rid of the remaining liquid attached to my form.

Stepping out I decide to teach Red a new command.

"Red" I call out to get his attention after putting on my coverings.

Couching down to his level before pointing to the oomans sleep coverings.

"Red, strip" I order with a careful tug on his coverings.

I watch as he shrinks into himself making me feel momentarily disappointed that he didn't just understand what I was asking.

Quickly clearing that emotion before trying again.

"Strip" I clearly state. "Strip" I repeat, this time pulling down Reds coverings slightly.

"Strip" comes the hesitant and slightly choked word from the oomans mouth.

"Yes Red! Strip!" I beat at him with pride, pulling him into my arms and dousing his face with affection filled kisses making the pet giggle.

"Okay pet, lets try again" I talk to him after setting him back onto the place he was before.

"Strip" I command, watching his with silent apprehension.

Red looks down at the floor while playing with his hands before looking back at me.

"Strip Red" I say knowing he understands what I want.

"Strip" The ooman repeats to himself and quickly yanks his coverings down leaving him bare.

"Good boy Red!" I coo at the intelligent creature feeling myself beam with pride and love.

"Such a good boy! How about a treat when we are done?" I ask as I lift him up and into the pool of water.

Pretending I don't see him panic as he was surrounded by water I continue to talk to him through the entire prosses, letting him stand up when he wanted but not letting him climb out.

It wasn't long until I had a freshly clean and dry pet with a now soft and fluffy mane, ignoring the squeak of fear he let out with a heavy heart once placed into the air dryer.

Placing my now disgruntled pet onto the pile of furs I sleep on before spying the ignore bowl of ooman friendly food next to his nest.

I place the bowl next to him hoping it will distract him as I started dressing him.

My head shakes in fondness at the sight of him discreetly trying to roll away from me.

"Stop that little one" I chuckle in amusement, smiling at the sudden red colouring of the oomans skin.

Placing a piece of hard pellet from the bowl before placing it into he pets mouth, silently prodding him to eat.

After putting on the under cloth onto Red I pick up the bottomless coverings I chose from earlier and start pulling them over the pets hairless legs.

Red blinks down at them once they settle onto his hips and with a scan of my wrist, mould perfectly with his slim form.

Placing his hands at the bottom of the coverings Red lifted it, making me see his under clothes before looking at me in shock.

Once again chuckling, I pick up the flushed ooman and placing him on his chair in the meal area so he could finish his meal and drink his medication.

"Don't you look adorable Red?" I coo to the little pet, immediately liking the frilly coverings.

Giving him his beaker filled with fresh water and a drop of the clear liquid giving by the pet healer and his bowl before packing the medication that would help calm down my frightened pet into a small hidden space of the main skin sack.

Walking back through to the meal area with Reds leash I make sure I had everything as I waited for my pet to finish.

I gather another beaker filled with cool liquid and attached it to the smaller sack that would be easy for me to get to which was filled with things for my delicate little ooman.

"Gallant" Red called out to me, no doubt finding my behaviour odd as we usually eat together.

"Are you done little one?" I asked soothingly.

"come here" I mutter as I lifted him from him special chair.

Reaching into the smaller skin sack I brought out a couple of treats, placing one in Red mouth and the other into his small paw.

"Ive been called for a mission" I tried to explain to him. "You are allowed to come with me as long as you behave, which I doubt will be a problem." I add with a smile.

"We are going to be taken to the place we are ordered to hunt in along with my team mate, none of which have any pets but I have no doubt that they will love you. We will most likely be away for at least 5 purple black outs, depending on how well the hunt goes" I continue to explain to my pet who looks like he was being soothed by my voice as he stared at my lips with dazed eyes.

Attaching to leash to the oomans collar and with a couple more words, I walked my pet out of our home and towards the Tube stop.

A/N   i didnt realise how hard it would be trying to write in first person after only writing in third person for the past couple of weeks for my other stories

is there anything you want to see?

maybe a love interest for Red?