Nineteen

Gallants POV

As soon as I had awoken I immediately started preparing everything I needed to take with me as I usually would only this time packing almost double the amount of things I would normally take with me.

Recalling the last meal we had just before the purple black out made me let out a quite sound of amusement, trying not to disturb the oomans peaceful rest.

Red had slept for longer than I had hoped after the visit to the pet healer, not giving me long enough to explain to him what was going to happen.

Not like he would of understood what I would of tried to tell him.

I had ended up wakening him as I was growing concerned, wondering if the lack off food would affect his healing.

What I wasn't expecting was him to fall asleep as we were having our last meal.

Placing some fresh subsistence crops into the clear sack that would preserve them, hoping it would be enough to fill Red if there wasn't any ooman safe food.

Once that was packed along with some treats and the ooman branded food I walked back towards the sleeping area to get some body coverings.

First I got all of my protective gear and a couple of different covering for me before choosing some for Red, deciding to dress him in the bottomless ones once he awakens.

A brief glance at the sun tell me that I could comfortably finish packing and bathe myself and Red and still be able to get to the centre before needed.

Putting my little pets lead with his covering so to easily get him ready without much effort.

It doesn't take long to finish and double check everything needed was packed and with a bowl of ooman friendly food left next to Reds nest in case he awoken while I was bathing, I quickly did said task, knowing this would be the last time bathing in a hot stream for a while.

I quickly finish cleaning myself as I start to hear noises coming from the facilities, knowing it could only be Red but still wanting to make sure he was okay.

Especially after how reluctant he was to eat before I put him to bed, only feeling slightly worried yet heavily amused by his sleep deprived attitude he had expressed.

Silently hoping this would help him open up and feel more comfortable around me.

Hearing the cute ooman hesitantly call out his name made a rush of affection run through me as I could detected what could only be worry in his pets voice.

Is his adorable little pet worried something happened to him?

Using my wrist scanner to turn off the falling stream before calling out to Red, letting him know he was in the wet room.

"Red"

My chest rumbles in amusement as said pet runs into the room and barrels straight into the wet and very much naked alien.

Feeling my happy emotions vanish at the sight of the unnatural liquid leaving his eyes I remember the healer explained to me was his way of showing me he was upset.

Bending down to his level only to lift the shaking ooman into my arms, holding his against my drying chest.

"Red" I coo down at him. "What's wrong little one? Did you miss me that much?"

My pet stares at me almost calming down at my voice before breaking out in a flourish of different noises, luckily not so many of the distressed ones.