Episode 4.7: Reunite

H Y D R A P R I S O N

After the fight with RJ, Kate woke up strapped to a chair in the middle of a room, the bright lights giving her a piercing headache. All of the sudden her mind was bombarded with a wave of memories new and old. Her life was flashing before her eyes, her heart beginning to pound in her chest. Behind the glass see-through, Sin was watching her with a doctor. "She's experiencing a flood of memories all at once. It's too much for the brain to process. She'll pass out. I need to give her a relaxant," the doctor informed her.

"Then do so," Sin ordered.

"I'm sorry, Kate...I love you," RJ's voice sounded in her head.

"Kate...be you...just be you. I love you," her father's voice said.

"I know it's been a rough few days for you," Sharon's voice told her.

"It's gonna be okay, Kate," Cassie promised.

"What would you do without me, Clint?" Kate said with a smirk.

"Katie, I really want things to be better between us.  I want to be a family," her dead sister pleaded.

Her mind swirled around like storm, picturing her lonely childhood, her life during the Snap, meeting Clint, joining the Avengers, finding a new family within them. She relived all her losses and her gains. For every tear, there was a smile. For every twinge of anger, there was a laugh. After feeling a prick in her arm, her mind settled and slowed.

RJ. His suit. Ronin. Kingpin...

My father...he's gone. Oh my God, why would he sell out to Hydra?

Sharon's trapped...and the others. Hydra used us. They made us kill...

"Kate, can you hear me?" Sin asked her.

What...?

"Kate?"

"W-what?" Kate stammered.

"There we are. She can respond."

"What's going on-wait you...you used us. You used us as weapons!" Kate yelled, trying to free herself.

"You can't escape so I suggest you settle down," she warned her. "More relaxant," she whispered to the doctor.

"My hand...oh God. It hurts," she winced.

"The pain medication has simply worn off. Your nerves were damaged," Sin told her as she began to smile.

"What?" Kate asked, glaring at her as the doctor gave her more relaxant.

"It must pain you to see how much you and your friends failed. Weak..."

"You'll pay for what you did. All of it," Kate glared.

"Even your own father. Weak..."

"Stop..."

"He didn't care about others getting hurt. Only you. Some heroic father, huh?"

"I never claimed he was-"

"You know, the Ronin was quite cozy with you. Perhaps he just thought you were pretty. Or maybe he means something to you too. Do you know what he did?"

"Stop."

"Do you? It's...not heroic."

"I said stop..."