Episode 2.10: New Life Pt. 2

Sharon opened the door, shocked to see who was there. "Miss me, Carter?" Fury asked with a smirk.

"Maybe even me?" Hill asked.

   "Is it really you guys?" Sharon asked.

   "Yes, it's really us this time," Fury confirmed.

   "Good, 'cause I missed the real you," she said, hugging them both.  "Now, what are you doing here?  Wait, how did you find out where we live-"

   "Not important.  Bring Barnes along with you.  We've got something to show you.  Wilson and Bishop are waiting in the van," Fury told her. 

   "Can RJ come as well?"

   "Who's RJ?" Fury asked.

   "I'm sorry, you don't know everything about our lives?  RJ is James and Natasha's son.  Not explaining it.  Long, weird story.  Just accept it," she told them.

   "Okay," Hill shrugged with her arms crossed.  "Well, bring them both along then and you'll get the surprise later."

   Sharon pursed her lips and went back inside, touching Bucky's shoulder.  "Fury and Hill are here?" Bucky asked. 

   "Mhm.  The real ones.  Don't know what they want, but they have Wilson and Bishop in the van."

   "You make it sound like they're kidnapping them," he chuckled. 

   "Lets go, boys," she said.

   "Inhale it, son.  Inhale it," Bucky said to RJ eating his sandwich. 

   Sharon chuckled and shook her head as she waited at the door.  RJ obliged and practically inhaled the remainder of his sandwich, then following his dad outside.  "You must be RJ," Fury said. 

   "Yes.  My full name is Richard James Barnes.  He's my father," RJ elaborated.

   "I'm Nick Fury and this is Maria Hill.  Don't call me Nick," he told him.

   "Okay," RJ agreed as he followed them towards the van. 

   They all entered the van, with Fury and Hill upfront.  RJ sat beside Kate, smiling at her.  Bucky and Sharon then sat next to Sam as the van began to take off.  "Hi Kate.  I haven't seen you since Switzerland.  Is everything okay?" He asked. 

   "Yeah, everything's fine.  I promise," she assured him with a smile. 

   Hill, up front, slid open the small window to the back of the van.  "It'll be a couple hours until the surprise.  Oh and...hold on," she smirked, closing the window.

   "A couple hours?" Kate groaned. 

   The van then suddenly lifted off the ground, startling them all.  "Holy shit!" Kate cursed as she latched onto RJ's arm. 

   "These are your people, Carter.  Crazy ass people," Sam said. 

   "It's just a flying van.  I've been in one of their flying cars before," she shrugged off.  "But yeah...they are crazy ass people."

   "You okay, Kate?" RJ asked.

   She then let go of him.  "I am perfectly fine, thank you," she said stoically as he softly smiled at her.

D. C. , S H I E L D H. Q.

After a couple hours, they felt the van land and then come to a stop. Fury and Hill came around the back and opened the back of the van as they climbed out. "Welcome...to the new SHIELD," Fury said.