Episode 4.3: The Underground Pt.1

A/N: This chapter is so long that I've split it into two parts. Below is part one (about 10,800+ words). Part two is roughly 8,000.

P A R T O N E

"He's not answering!" RJ said worriedly.

"Because he welcomes death," Skull laughed was RJ glared at him.

"No...daddy," Kobik frowned, falling to her knees as a surge of energy shot out from her, the building rumbling again.

"Sam? Any updates?" Sharon asked, her voice slightly trembling.

"Like thirty planes went out! We can't get em all, dammit! Shit!" Sam yelled.

"There's too many, Sam!" Joaquin shouted in a scared tone.

"Dammit! I don't wanna kill the pilots! Shit..." Monica cursed.

"Holy shit!" Kate cried, staring at her phone. "One just hit Albany!"

Sin then twisted Kate's leg off and kicked the archer off of her. She quickly stood upward and smirked. "This is just the beginning, Carter," she taunted with Sharon returning a glare.

"Kate!" RJ yelled worriedly, running over to her.

"Fuck..." Sharon cursed. "James, answer me! James...please. JAMES!!"

W. C. Q U I N J E T
M I D W E S T

Once the West Coast Avengers heard the news, they hurried into their Quinjet, putting it at near maximum speed. Hours later as the Red Skull, Sin, and Kobik broke through the layers of security, the W.C. Avengers were in the mid west as the jet went supersonic. Rhodey and John were in the cockpit, extremely focused. "One's hit Albany, New York," Rhodey noted.

"Shit!" John hissed. "What the hell we gonna do up here? What good we gonna do? Dammit!"

"Try and shoot them down if we can," Rhodey replied.

"Oh yeah. That'll work," John grumbled.

"Hey, have some damn hope-"

Suddenly, a blinding light sheathed the ship and their minds clicked. "GO! GO!! FULL THROTTLE!!" John screamed, as they flew up closer to space.

The blast from the nuke caught up with the ship but just barely, eating part of the back, which meant the engine. Warning lights and sounds flared at the cockpit as Rhodey and John became frantic. "Shit!" John said.

"We gotta get as far away as possible," Rhodey said.

"The engine's gone, Rhodes. We can't stay on this thing! We gotta jump!" John yelled over the piercing sounds of the wind, fire, and warning sirens.

"No, we gotta use all the juice. Get as far away as we can from that blast," Rhodey corrected him.

John and Rhodey then pushed the thrusters forward, barely doing a thing but having enough juice left in a reserve tank to drive them further away. For a few minutes then fell from the sky, trying to get distance. "The ship's falling apart!" Shang yelled, grabbing a parachute.

"John, we have to jump!" Bobbi told him.

"Shit!" He cursed, grabbing her a parachute and putting it on her, then handing one to Scott and then Hope. "Hope your wings aren't rusty, Rhodes," John said as he took another parachute for himself.

Chunks of the ship were sent off into the air in a descent with flames still raging despite the winds. John then pried the door open and looked back at his team. "Here goes," he said, jumping out, making Bobbi's stomach sink.