Episode 1.3: Clash

A/N: This is very long chapter.

PLEASE COMMENT!

   Their targets had sped off, but they did not leave them without injury.  Wincing, Johnny unstrapped his chinstrap and slipped off his helmet to relieve his throbbing head.  His headache pounded inside his skull as blood filled the various cuts on his face.  Instinctively, he touched the red liquid and rubbed his fingertips together.  As the blood filled the lines on his fingertips, he thought back to a time where there was that much blood on them.

   He was back in Afghanistan, on his back, his face cut up by shrapnel and yelling out to a swirling cloud of smoke, dirt, and debris.  Tears from his eyes stung the various cuts on his face as he continued to scream out into the smoke.  His blood had then turned his reddish-blonde beard a crimson color.  When the smoke cleared, he had hoped there would be a beautiful woman smiling back at him, but there was nothing. 

   "Jess!" He called out, his voice cracking.

   He felt a tug on his collar as he continued to call out her name.  Reaching out, he grabbed nothing but air as he was hoisted up by a pair of strong arms.  The man shouted his name to shake him from his trance, but it was no use, so he dragged him away from the scene.  "Johnny!  Johnny!" Lemar yelled, snapping him from flashback.  "Johnny..."

   Quickly, he turned to Lemar.  "Yeah?"

   "What are we gonna do?" He asked his partner.

   Johnny took in a deep breath, gazed around and looked back at his team. "We wait. We find them. And we attack," he commanded, wiping the blood from his lip.

   In her slightly damaged car, Sharon continued driving without a clear destination

   In her slightly damaged car, Sharon continued driving without a clear destination.  She really didn't know what to do.  She knew the team would find them again, and that meant they had to run.  Groaning, Sam leaned against the cold window and held his head. "I'm gonna need a lot of Advil," he grumbled as Sharon glanced at him.

"Are you seeing okay? Do things seem fuzzy?" She asked him worriedly.

"No...but I have a killer headache right now."

"Where are we going?" She asked them both.

"They're gonna be after us again which means they'll check out our apartments. They'll get Steve. We need to go to my place now," Bucky said with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Okay. We'll get em. After that? We obviously can't stay there," she replied.

"My place. My shield is there," Sam told her. "And after that...we're on the run...again."

Sharon nodded, acknowledging them both. Sighing and wiping more blood from her nose, she made a left turn to head to Bucky's apartment.

The team rushed inside the place, taking Steve, grabbing some clothes and a few other essentials. Looking upon their bloodied faces, Steve became worried, but they all assured him they were fine. Quickly, Sharon replaced her damaged tire with a spare from the trunk. Next, they went to Sam's place, grabbed his shield, clothes, and essentials as well. Lastly, they hit Sharon's place and grabbed some of her stuff.