Chapter 2.7: Growth

A/N: A very dark scene is in this.

L O S A N G E L E S

   After Bobbi had gotten John settled down, they continued helping out the families until about 10 at night.  The place closed down and him and Bobbi headed back to her apartment.  Walking in, John went for his bag, pulling out his U.S. Agent suit. Bobbi frowned at him as she kicked off her shoes. With her hands on her hips, she watched him as he pulled out the suit. "What are you doing, John?" She asked as he slung his suit on his shoulder.

"Off to work," he answered, turning around.

"Wait a minute. You had a panic attack-"

"Wasn't a panic attack-"

"Let me finish. You had a panic attack tonight and it's Christmas. Why are going out now?"

"You think these pricks on the streets stop cause it's Jesus' birthday? They don't care. Whoever's out there tonight will pay," he told her.

"I still don't get why you're doing this, John. If you wanna help stop crime then become a cop or an FBI agent. You don't have to be all shady about this."

"I figure stopping these bad guys will fill up my mind so I don't have to think about what I did," he shrugged.

"It doesn't work like that, John.  You need to talk to someone about these things. I can be hear to listen and I'm fine with you fighting crime, but don't think beating people up and putting up that wall of yours will help you."

"I'm going," he said, walking into the bathroom to change.

Bobbi just sighed.

   After over two hours, John returned to Bobbi's place

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

After over two hours, John returned to Bobbi's place.  He shuffled inside, pulling off his helmet and letting it drop to the floor.  Bobbi was sitting on the couch waiting for him.  He stared at her arms crossed and her eyes full of concern.  He nodded at her and placed his shield against the couch.  "Feel better?" She asked.

   "Yes actually.  Stopped a few muggings.  Stopped a rape.  Stopped an attempted murder as well," he listed off, loosening his suit.

"And that's great, but it won't make the bad things in your head go-"

"Did you just sit here and wait for me for two hours? Why didn't you just go on to bed? You gotta be tired," he said.

"I'm a concerned acquaintance," she said, causing him to smirk a little. "Why? Do I looked tired?"

He shook his head, staring at her. "You look...great," he told her.