Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Rachel's POV

At lunch, I grab a tray and place it on the long metal counter. My plate is soon filled with disgusting cafeteria food. I couldn't see Taylor or Demi. I sigh sadly and walk over to an empty table and sit by myself. I pick at my lunch when I feel a presence. I look up to meet curious green eyes and curly brown hair. "Hello there love, I'm Harry. What are you doing sitting here by yourself?" He asks smiling politely.

"I can't find my best friend. I'm new." I smile back shyly and glance behind Harry. Oh great... The boy with the sunglasses. That douche... "Would you mind if we joined you?" Harry asks and Louis just stares at the floor. No expression or sign of acknowledgement. He's not deft, considering he can talk normally and told me he heard me talking too much. So what's his problem? I tell them, "Sure." And Harry smiles brightly.

Harry grips Louis's arm and opens up a chair for him. Louis groans shoving Harry off and sitting down on his own and he looks down at the table. Harry rolls his eyes sitting down beside him. "So, how come you didn't wait until after Christmas break to come here?" Harry asks raising an eyebrow as he began eating his lunch. Louis left his untouched. Hmm that's odd.

"Um, well I thought maybe I could make a few friends and if I was a total screw up, I'd be able to redo my first week after Christmas break cause no one would remember the mistakes I made before." I say shrugging. Louis looks up slightly. "Why are you so quick to judge yourself?" Louis asks loud and clear. I just stare at him shocked. Wow, he spoke. Gosh, his voice was like sooth silk... Why doesn't he talk more often?

"I guess because everyone else does." "That's stupid. I don't judge that you'll make a fool of yourself this week." He says rolling his eyes. "Well, I judge your attitude." I say sighing. Harry shifts awkwardly in his chair. "Well then I judge your... Judging!" Louis tries. I laugh, "Wow aren't you amazing at comebacks?" "Wow aren't you amazing at being incredibly annoying?!!!" He groans. Harry laughs awkwardly.

"Oh I'm annoying? You're annoying! All I've ever done is be nice, stop being such a douche!" I shout at Louis. He frowns and looks down to the table again. I suddenly feel just a bit guilty when I see the expression of his face. Complete sadness. Grabbing his tray, Louis stands up and stumbles his way to the garbage can. He throws away his food and storms off down the hall. Everyone was dead silent. I look to Harry and sigh. "What is his problem?" I ask confused.

Harry raises an eyebrow, "You don't know?" He asks. I shake my head. "Louis... He's well..." "A complete jerk? Yeah I got that park." I huff crossing my arms. Well, he was a jerk! But why did he get so emotional when I told him? I thought he didn't care what I think. "Well, he's just bitter because no one treats him like he's normal." "Why wouldn't people treat him normally?" I ask becoming more confused. "Well," Harry pauses. "Louis is blind."