But Izuku wanted to stay, for one reason and one only. He'd been trapped in this darkness for so long now, without a proper way out, a way to navigate it, or even to be at peace with it. So feeling a real person next to him, against him, made him feel even slightly less isolated. Slightly less blind, less afraid, less alone. Because when he closes his eyes he can pretend. He can pretend that he can still see, and he can focus on every point they contact, drawing himself a picture to imagine what the world still looked like.

Yet again this is Katsuki he's talking about.

Katsuki Bakugo.

The guy that sort of, kind of, totally hates Izuku's guts.

With a heavy sigh, Midoriya disentangled himself from the warmth of the blanket and Katsuki's arms. If he's being totally honest with himself, he's doing them both a favour. No more drama needed to happen under this roof.

"Mmmm...hungry."

Izuku padded quietly to the kitchen, his stomach growling with want for cereal as his eyes fought to stay open. He could navigate his way around the kitchen pretty easily, which made him also feel a slight inclination of happiness fighting against the tunnel of terror he's been trying to escape.

A buzz from far off caught his attention, the delicate ping sound from his phone, signalling that someone was trying to get in contact with him. Izuku followed the sound with concentration, having lost the memory of knowing where he'd put his phone the night before. He bumped into a few chair legs and the coffee table, trying to act swiftly to silence the notifications.

"Hello?" he whispered to the person on the other end, unable to see the name that flashed on the front, so unable to know who he was speaking to currently.

"Deku-kun!"

A smile broke onto the greenette's face at the sound of his friend's voice, probably the first time he's smiled properly since he left the hospital. "Ochaco, hey."

"Hi, I just wanted to check in on you. How is everything?"

He bit his lip, hesitant to answer. What could he say? 'Oh yeah everything's wonderfully terrible. My whole world has turned black, I'm scared to death, I've lost count of the number of times I've cried until I can't breathe. My life is a mess, I haven't slept for weeks. I'm a mess. And on top of that I'm now living with Kacchan.'

But why would he purposefully burden her with worry? "Oh that's okay, you didn't have to do that, aren't you working right now?"

She didn't seem phased by the dodge and sudden change in subject. "Oh no I'm actually on a quick break right now, we're just helping the civilians, there was another attack."

"Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, yeah we're fine, everyone is fine. There were no casualties, no one got too hurt."

Izuku breathed a sigh of relief, "That's good to hear. Any more news on the villain with the voice changing quirk?"

"Ah, not that we know of, unfortunately." She sounded genuinely apologetic.

"Hey, that's okay."

"There haven't been any attacks by you have they?"

"No. No we're okay."

"Are you sure having Bakugo-kun with you is good enough protection? Shouldn't there be more heroes surrounding the area? Maybe you should stay at—"

"Ochaco, hey, calm down. I'm fine. More heroes out here would mean less out there where they're needed most. Besides that would only draw more attention to my house."