Like the Rainfall

Izuku groaned as the returning ache of pain woke him up, finding himself in somewhat familiar surroundings. He heard the soft sound of breathing beside him and recognised it to be Katsuki. He's dozed so often next to him that he knew it was him. It must have been late into the night or something but he wasn't entirely sure.

"Kacchan?" Izuku whispered, slurring a little due to the heavy weight of exhaustion that hung over him.

"The hell do you want Deku?" Katsuki asked, his voice rough as he buried his face in the pillows. A hint of annoyance crept into his tone but Izuku knew Katsuku always got grumpy when he was tired. He didn't mean to wake him, he already got so little sleep but he wanted to know what had happened since he had passed out.

"What happened? Are we...home?"

The blonde sighed heavily, his eyes still closed shut. "After you fainted I called for the doctors who made sure you were well. They said you were just energy deprived after everything and resting was all you needed so I brought you back to the apartment."

"Oh thanks...mm what time is it?"

"I don't know; like three?" The room was bathed in the dark charcoal night, the only light was from the street lamp outside that seeped in round the edges of the curtains. The streets were abnormally quite too, the odd car would rumble past but that was it. It was too early for anyone to be up and about yet.

"Okay, sorry for waking you. Goodnight," the greenette murmured, rustling about in the sheets as he rolled over to get comfortable without trying to inflict more pain on himself. Katsuki was still and silent beside him so he guessed he had fallen back go sleep. He couldn't exactly blame him, it was quite early and he sounded weary. But then he felt sudden movement as the blonde wriggled closer to him and snuggled against him like a puppy craving love and attention. Izuku smiled drowsily at the gesture, feeling comfortable and safe right here.

Katsuki pressed his lips to Izuku's neck. "Goodnight idiot."

~

He woke up again what must have been hours later to a tickling feeling on his shoulder. It was a little annoying like the anticipation of a sneeze that didn't come. Katsuki's breath brushing against his skin was the culprit and it took all of Izuku's willpower not to instinctively elbow him in the face. But despite that little nuisance he felt quite happy to awake wrapped up like a giant burrito. Not that this hadn't ever happened before; at least now they could properly enjoy this warmth rather than making up excuses and pushing each other away. Izuku blushed bright red when he remembered the day prior and his bold action of kissing Katsuki. He had been driven by some strange confidence back then and now he was quite a little more than embarrassed.

"Shut up Deku, you're mumbling," Katsuki groaned right next to his ear that Izuku squeaked in surprise.

"Ah I forget I do that," Izuku admitted riddled with guilt.

"Never mind. I'm awake now anyway," he sighed, still clinging to the smaller boy.

"Good morning then," Izuku chirped happily.

"Morning asshole."

"Did you sleep well?"

"It was alright I guess," Katsuki informed as Izuku rolled over in his arms to face him. He grinned up at him in greeting and Katsuki placed a kiss on his forehead.

Izuku beamed. "Hi."

Katsuki looked down at him with a raised brow. "'Sup...you alright?"

"Mhm I'm completely fine. I'm more than fine actually. I'm really happy right now."