Black

Katsuki was bored for lack of a better word. He'd been roaming these streets aimlessly for more than a few hours. And although he appreciated the place of his hometown, he couldn't help but feel, now out in the beaming sun, a little lonely. But god forbid he ever say such a thing aloud. Katsuki Bakugo, the living embodiment of the term 'lone wolf' couldn't possibly be so.

It was strange. For three years he'd been living alone in a completely different continent, ever since his parents made the decision to move back to Japan. Katsuki however chose to stay away for many reasons and since he'd been old enough to be allowed to, he had. But it didn't stop him missing his old home, nor did it stop that lonely inclination. Because even after six years that place had never been home unlike Japan.

So, the young hero decided he was long overdue a break and came to revisit old memories. His boss allowed him quite a lengthy period, considering how important Bakugo's job was and how much he was needed. But all the days off Katsuki had been granted over the years as working as a pro he'd refused and rather spent that time eliminating the trouble on the streets. So of course they had all built up until finally after so much nagging from his mother, came back home intending to stay a little less than three months. What he would do in that period was beyond him.

He'd already visited his parents when they insisted on picking him up from the airport, but even after three days he couldn't possibly stand another minute with them. Seeing as he also literally disappeared from his frie—those extra's lives maybe it wouldn't be the best thing to just show up on their doorstep.

Even at twenty-two a few of Bakugo's old habits remained. It appeared he'd matured more in looks than personality. Yet even so, this young hero had progressed a lot from what he once was. He may still be an absolute dickhead at first glance but he'd payed attention to ever criticism he ever received.

"If you keep looking down on everyone else, you'll never be able to see your own weaknesses."

He scratched his chin, deep in thought as he scanned the local restaurants for something to eat, coming to a shop at a certain café. Mere minutes later his city was in danger and he froze as a mess of jade hair zoomed by.

"Deku..."

Stood now at the hospital ward, four hours later, staring into the glass window at the same boy under sheets strapped to all sorts of wires, Bakugo frowned. He absentmindedly ran a thumb over bandaged knuckles, watching the ever so frail and fragile rise of Midoriya's chest with every shallow breath. His eyes were closed, the pulse machine beside him regular, and yet a strange sort of feeling was blooming within Bakugo. Tension? Fear? Perhaps he was merely still feeling the rush of adrenaline after such a battle.

His hands trembled, knee bouncing as he sat opposite the ward. He felt agitated. Confused. Images of events not so long ago flashed before his eyes like a projector. Memories of sensations reflecting again as though he was still surrounded by the smoke, the towering flames, the blaring sirens, the screaming crowds, the blood, the ringing.

It reminded him of that time of his first job as a pro.

"Grab my hand!" He yelled over the roaring cacophony of the city basked in inferno.

The little girl's eyes widened, her own fear causing Katsuki's heart to beat faster. The apartment walls cackled and crumbled, the windows shattering, raining glass everywhere. The hero reached his arm out further, prevented from coming any closer by the showering debris.

"You're have to jump!" He instructed, knowing he was too far to be able to save her from where he remained. He stretched his hand out further, coughing and blinking smoke from his eyes so much so they watered. Like tears. Like the tears cascading down the young girl's face.