What Happens Now

His hands trembled like flames blown in the wind as he grabbed all his belongings and stuffed them into the already overflowing backpack. Every single item weighed down on the bag – a weight he could even feel on his shoulders. Clothes, pictures, essentials, anything he could reach for in the time he gave himself, limited to what he thought he only needed. Every new item placed down only made him that much more determined to do this...that was until he really took a look at every little treasure and memory made from each one. Now this only seemed like a chore he needed to accomplish but yet the reward was blurred.

Katsuki glanced at a single picture, his movements stilling for a minute as he took a breath. All Might's words echoed like distant shadows in his mind, full of stupid fleeting thoughts of regret. Regret for what he was setting himself up to do. He wondered if All Might would try to stop him...would he even care? Katsuki shook his head; it didn't matter if they cared or not. This wasn't to get a reaction out of anybody. The whole reason he was doing this so late at night was to not draw attention to himself.

The sixteen year old boy let his quirk activate, igniting the picture he held and burning it to a crisp before he could change his mind. He needed to do this. He wasn't going to mess up now. Not now that everything had been perfectly planned out. He wasn't a coward. He wasn't...

The last of the items filled the backpack before he shut it closed. It wasn't a particularly large bag, small enough to not slow him down. That would be helpful and draw less attention from everyone else around him. But it did look less like he was simply going on vacation somewhere and more he was running away from home. Katsuki cringed at the words. He wasn't running away, that made him seem like a weakling, he was simply moving. Yeah, that's what it was.

Katsuki threw the rucksack over his shoulders, stepping out into the abandoned corridor and left his key card on the desk at the front of the dorm building. The air was cold, nipping at his cheeks as he walked, hood pulled low over his mess of blonde hair. Little puffs of smoke drew from his lips, his hands turning pink in response to the weather. As annoying as it was when he slowly began to shiver helplessly, he didn't mind it. It gave him something to focus his attention on rather than the impending inclination of regret and an overwhelming sadness. But he would never admit to either because he isn't weak. It's just he's never run away before, with any real plan at least, and he felt a little lonely already.

But what could he do? Turn away after everything he promised to himself. Did he need to be reminded for the hundredth time?

All Might.

He was doing this for All Might. To protect and save his role model. The only person Katsuki could openly try to admit he looked up to all his life. After the villain attack at the training camp and seeing what his hero had become because ofhim Katsuki knew he couldn't stay. Not only was he a danger to All Might, he was a danger to the rest of the class. He's a magnet for destruction, a grenade ready to detonate at any minute and it was his responsibility to minimise the casualties. That's what he's been doing the whole of his life. He just managed to slip up this one time. Especially when he revealed it all to Deku as well.

He didn't mean for that bit to happen, it just slipped from his mouth. Some buried instinct must have needed Katsuki to open up about it to someone, it just so happened that the first person he saw was Izuku.

Katsuki sighed heavily, his breath turning white. He took a risk and glanced back over his shoulder. Mainly to ensure no-one was following him but with the view of the U.A. dorms anyway he decided to pay one last look at it all. It's only been a few weeks since they even moved in there so he can't really say he's going to miss it. The people though...maybe.

Meanwhile Izuku was sleeping soundly up in his room exploding with All Might merchandise, unaware that he wouldn't get to see Katsuki for another six long years.