When the Sun Sets

A/N: two chapters left

"You're not a good liar, you know that?"

Katsuki glanced at Izuku who stood in front of him, arms crossed over his chest. It amazed him just how easily Izuku could pick up on the slightest tilt in his emotions despite not being able to see him. Maybe it was evident in his tone of voice and his words, or lack thereof, or perhaps he had a secret quirk Katsuki didn't know about. Either way it was only an hour after they woken up and Izuku seemed to pick up on Katsuki's seemingly apparent distress. He might have given himself away by pacing up and down the kitchen but he couldn't help it. He had been running over last night's phone call in his mind again and again, trying to come up with a plan of how to tell Izuku. Today was his last day with him. And it was all thanks to his idiot boss.

"What?" Katsuki asked him, feigning hurt. "I'm not lying."

"Yes you are," Izuku told him like it was obvious.

"I just..." He had to tell him. He had to just it over and done with. Because keeping such information a secret would make him the single most awful person ever. "Alright. Alright. You're right...my boss called me last night."

"Okay," Izuku nodded slowly.

"Long story short I've been told that they need me back in America. So they've cut my holiday short."

Izuku nodded again, this time silent. This time starting to understand what Katsuki was implying. He couldn't bring himself to ask how much longer he had left in Japan. But luckily for him be didn't have to because Katsuki answered his question.

"I leave tomorrow, early morning."

One day. One day is all the two of them have left and that's it. Just because they agreed to have a long distance relationship didn't mean they needed to be tested straight away. Izuku chewed his lip, incapable of speech for a good few minutes. Honestly he had no idea what to say. He was annoyed as hell by the arrangements but what could he do? He also didn't know whether to appear happy or sad. Of course he wasn't thrilled by the news but he couldn't afford to be upset. For Katsuki's sake.

He smiled, hoping he was a better liar than Bakugo. "Right. Have you told your parents yet?"

Katsuki shook his head. "No. I got the phone call last night. You're the first person to know."

"Well I really think they ought to know too," Izuku advised, threading his hands together. "I mean since they're not going back with you. They're really going to miss you."

"I guess. I have some stuff there too that I didn't bring over."

"Do you want to pack you bags and stay the night over there before you leave?"

Katsuki's brow furrowed. "Why would I do that? If it's my last day in Japan I want to spend it with you too idiot."

"What about your parents--?"

"They'll be fine," Katsuki cut in. "I spent the first few weeks there anyway. They cope just fine without me."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"So what do you plan on doing?"

Katsuki paused. "I guess I kind of have to see my folks and I'll tell them. Then I'll come back here with my left over stuff."

"You want to just stay in the apartment?"

He shrugged. "Did you have something else mind?"

Izuku rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know. I mean it's your last day we can do whatever."