He was going to save her. Just a little closer. They were all going to make it. They were—

"Bakugo?!"

The blonde's head snapped up at the sound of his own name. He found himself shivering despite the warmth of the hospital, and quickly regained his composure before the person could pick up on anything. Much to his surprise, the owner of the voice was someone Bakugo thought he'd never see again.

"Shitty hair."

Kirishima blinked, unsure as to whether or not that his friend from high school was really sat in front of him or if it was a mere hallucination.

"You...What...Bakugo?" Was all the red head could muster, simply stunned and in evident shock. He pointed a finger toward the other, prodding his shoulder to almost check that he was real.

"You good?" Katsuki cocked an eyebrow at Kirishima's odd behaviour. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

"I might be," Kirishima frowned. "You're alive?"

The wobble in his voice did more than surprise Bakugo, and the question only brought more miscomprehension.

"Of course I am...you didn't think I died, did you?" He asked with a mocking grin that was only to mask his own shock.

It had never once occurred to him that they would think the reason for his disappearance was death. Honestly he didn't think what they could have believed the day he left. All he knew was that he had to get out of Japan.

"The whole school did. What the hell happened? It's been years, we had every right to believe that. No-one was telling us anything. Not even you..."

"That's because I had to, alright. Look I had no idea that's the conclusion you'd come to. You were supposed to fucking forget about me a long time ago."

"Well whatever stupid plan you had in mind didn't seem to work. Why'd you do it?"

"That's still none of your business, Kirishima."

The red head let out a heavy sigh. "Okay, well whatever happened, I'm just glad you're back for however long it is," he nodded, bumping the other on the shoulder who didn't fail to see the golden band on Eijiro's left hand.

"Whoa, when did that happen?"

Kirishima cracked a smile. "A couple months ago, actually."

"Pretty brave considering you're working as a pro hero now."

"Well it was a risk we were willing to take. We're both pros so we'll be able to protect ourselves. There's no way I'm leaving when I have a partner waiting for me to come back, just like we promised."

Although such an act to Katsuki seemed only pure madness, he could still appreciate it. Pro heroes getting married was always scarce, but it made him happy that his somewhat best friend had found someone. Marriage to him in general was never appealing, much to his mother's dismay, but Katsuki was a lone soldier. And he'd stay that way.

"What happened to those other extras?"

Kirishima chuckled, "You haven't really changed have you? They're still at the city, taking care of the civilians and the damage that was caused. I just came by to see how Midoriya was doing, he took quite a hit."

Bakugo huffed in response, signalling that he couldn't care less about them or Deku. To prove a point he tore his gaze away from him, finding immense interest in the tiled ground.

"The doctor people said I had to stay here," he mumbled, finding some sort of need to have to come up with an explanation as to why he himself still remained. Because there wasn't any other obligation to really. He'd carried out his task by bringing him to the hospital and yet still found he was sat like a guard dog outside his ward. Guarding him from what exactly he couldn't say. But he stayed.