Seventeen

*Zendaya's POV*

My eyes slowly fluttered open to find myself in Justin's comforting arms.

I tried to think back to what happened yesterday and how I got into this position but it was just a blur.

I shifted my body a bit and I guess I must have woken Justin up because he started to sit up.

"Good morning." He spoke with his sexy morning voice with a small smile.

"Mornin'" I exhaled, returning the smile.

We both sat up, sitting at opposite ends of the backseat.

It was awkward for a few minutes until I decided to break the silence.

"Uh, so what happened yesterday?...I can't really remember anything." I said shyly.

He kind of looked like he was panicking or something but I don't know.

Instead of replying to me, he just got out the car and went to the drivers seat.

"Breakfast?" He asked before starting the car.

"Sounds good." I replied.

***

"So you don't remember anything that happened yesterday? not one thing?" Justin asked me.

"No, not at all." I replied calmly.

It's kind of weird that I can't remember anything. Like why was I lying in Justin's arms in a hospital carpark? How did I even get there?

"Do you know what happened? Why was I at a hospital?" I asked, taking a bite of my delicious pancakes.

"You probably don't want to hear this...but, uh-"

"...yes..."

"Uhm well, I'll tell you what I know. So I was driving and I accidently hit you with my car..."

My eyes widened whilst I was drinking my orange juice.

WHAT THE FUCK.

I GOT HIT BY A CAR.

I quickly examined my body to check for any serious wounds, but there were't any. That was kind of weird. There were like a few cuts and bruises but nother major.

That's crazy!

I GOT HIT BY A CAR FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD.

I tried not to get too deep into my thoughts because I didn't want to get distracted from what Justin was telling me, but it was pretty hard.

Was I at the hospital because I got hit by a car? Wouldn't I be in a hospital bed and not in a car?

Well, that explains why Justin was there and partly why I was at a hospital.

But why didn't mum pick me up? Or come visit me?

"...So I got out to see if you were alright. You were panting and it looked like you'd been running for miles. I checked you're body to see if you were ok but you just got up and ran away, so I followed you to the hospital..."

Ok so I wasn't at the hospital because I was hurt from getting hit by a car because I ran there...So why was I there?

"...I ran into the emergency building to apologise, to find you sitting by yourself in the waiting room. I asked you why you were there and yoi told me that you're mum...was involved in yesterday's shooting." He paused.

Tears started to form in Justin's and my own eyes.

No.

Please.

No.

She is my everything. She is my rock.

"Uhm... so later we were invited to visit..." His voice was crackly and I knew this was hard for him to say.

"She was fine for a bit and then...Everything just started to fall apart." A tear slid down his face. "Uh, so...they wheeled her out and that's all I know for sure. But in her condition...There wasn't a huge chance in her making it. I'm sorry, Zendaya"

Tears were sprinting down my cheeks and I couldn't stop them. One just came straight after the other into a puddle of tears formed on the table.

"So she passed yesterday?..." I asked, barely able to speak.

"There wasn't much chance of survival but..." He wiped his tears away. "You never know."

I stood up, ready to leave.

I need to know. now.

"Can we go? please."

Justin stood up and we walked together to his car.

***

I sprinted through the doors of the main entrance of the hospital.

I threw my hands down on the main counter, reflecting that i'm desperate for answers.

"Claire Stoermer. Where is she?"

A/N: This chapter was pretty boring so ill update asap.

Thanks for reading (:

Please vote, comment your opinions and follow (:

Instagram: @zendayafacts_