Eight

**Time skip: 2 years**

*Zendaya's POV*

It's the forth week of second semester which means they're doing the tribute thing for the shooting that happened two years ago. But for me it's just the day that I failed my best friend and she died because of it. I still miss her. A lot. There's no one that can replace her. I haven't made any new close friends since.

**Later that day**

The school is doing the tribute from the end of lunch to the end of the day.

Every student gathered in the gym for the assembly. I had to speak there since I was shot, etc.

As I was walking into the gym, someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a cute guy with beautiful brown eyes and a quiff like haircut with light brown hair.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked.

"Just a tribute thing for a school shooting that happened 2 years ago."

I replied.

"I'm Justin. I'm new." He smiled.

"I'm Zendaya." I returned the smile.

We both walked together and sat next to eachother, close to the front.

I noticed during the ceremony he kept looking at me but I didn't really mind.

"Zendaya Coleman, please take the stage."

"Hey that's you" Justin whispered, poking my arm.

I smiled and walked to the podium. I put my palm cards down and started to read them.

"Good evening, staff and students.

I'm Zendaya Coleman. Two years ago I was a victim of the 2012 shooting. I was shot once in the leg and shot another in the side, trying to protect my best friend. Her name was Bella. She meant everything to me." Tears started forming in my eyes "She was my closest friend and I let her down. At 11:47am a male wearing full black entered into our school. I was in a class being taught by Mrs Cleveland. She was teaching and Bella I were whispering and giggling to eachother when the emergency alarm went off. Some students covered the windows and some just hid. Bella and I saw someone down the hallway and dropped straight on the ground. He came into the classroom and started to aimlessly shoot. Bella was shot, so I chased after the shooter. I tackled him down and hit him multiple times. He pushed me off him and pointed the gun towards me." I stopped for a second "Bella blocked the bullet and was hit in the shoulder. I tied up her wounds and went to call an ambulance, to find that he was at my locker. I tried to run but he shot me in the leg. I still continued to move by dragging myself along the ground. He was still following me though. When I approached Bella, she was already gone but I didn't know it. I tried to wake her up but nothing..." Tears started to pour down my face "That's when he decided to shoot me again, In the side. Then he just laughed and walked away. After he was out of sight I carried Bella outside of the school, the paramedics took her and I never saw her again."

I did a small nod, then walked off stage next to Justin.

Please follow, vote and comment (: x

Instagram: @zendayafacts_