Fifteen

*Zendaya's POV*

I'd been running for about half an hour now, I know I'm getting close because I'm starting to approach the highway which leads straight to the hospital.

The only problem was that there is no footpath on the highway, so I had to run on the road with speeding cars. Yay.

I was about half way across the highway when...

BANG

HOOOOOOONK

fuck. I really don't need this right now.

Once I made my impace with the front of the car, I flew a bit then just started to roll across the road.

Most cars stopped and the driver got out.

Justin.

"ZENDAYA! SHIT! OH MY GOD!" He ran and knealed down next to me.

"ARE YOU OK?" He said worried as hell, examining my body for wounds.

Not long later a crowd started forming around the scene.

I couldn't talk because my breathing was so heavy and uneven from running non-stop.

Before I could get distracted by this, I just got up and started running.

I could hear distant murmurs behind me "where's she going?" "is she even ok?" "what happened?" but I just kept running.

I approached the hospital and slammed the emergancy doors open. I ran to the front counter and placed my hands on the desk. "Claire" ... "Stoermer" ... "Where is she?" I managed to say in between breaths.

"Claire checked in about one hour ago, with gunshot wound, i believe. She went into emergency surgery immediately and i have heard no word since." She looked at me "And who are you?"

"I'm Zendaya, I'm her daughter." I stated, starting to catch my breath.

"You'll probably be able to visit her soon, please take a seat" She said pointing to the empty waiting room.

I sat there fidgiting and tapping my foot in inpatience, to what seemed like forever.

Until someone barged through the emergency doors, which made my head shoot up.

"Zendaya, I'm so, so, so sorry." Justin said walking and taking a seet next to me.

"It's ok." I said with a small smile.

"No it's not! I hit you with my car. Are you sure you're ok?" He asked concern in his eyes.

"Yeah, I mean I did run all the way here." I chuckled.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked. It's pretty creepy how he showed up to be honest but i'm happy he's here.

"Well, I followed you. I had to make sure you were ok." He said calmly.

"That's not creepy." I said, which made us both crack a small laugh.

"By the way, why are you here?...at this hospital? Don't be pressured to tell me though, you don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable." He asked, staring into my eyes.

"It's ok. Uhm, well... My mum... She was, uh.. injured in a shooting in summerville and... uh yeah." I blinked tightly to hide the tears, but i'm sure that he knew I was about to cry because he put his arm around me.

"She'll be fine, ok?" He said, trying to comfort me.

I just knodded and leaned my head against his shoulder.

***

A tall nurse came out of the hospital doors and said something to the counter attendee.

She then got out of her chair and came over to me.

"Zendaya, right?"

"Yes, ma'am"

"You can visit your mother now."

In the inside I was like jumping up and down and dancing with joy but on the outside I remained calm and collected and stood up and followed the lady to my mother's room, with Justin by my side.

"Thank you." I said when we arrived at her room.

She just smiled and walked away.

I took a deep breath and twisted the door knob, not knowing what to expect.

"MUM!! ARE YOU OK?" I shouted giving her a hug.

"I'm alright for now, sweetie." She said forcing a smile, that broke my heart. She must be in so much pain.

"Good Morning, Mrs Stoermer. It's good to see you again" Justin put his hand out gesturing my mother to shake it.

She returned the handshake. "Hi Justin."

"I hope you start to feel better soon. I'm going to give you two some alone time just to catch up on things." He made a small nod before quietly leaving the room.

"Mum, what happened?"

"Well, I left the house at about 7:30 to buy some groceries and some guy started to aimlessly shoot around, and I just happened to be one of the unlucky people that got hit, but lucky because i'm still here." She said like it was nothing at all.

"Well i'm glad you're ok. You only got hit once, right?"

"Actually it was twice." She said pulling the blanket of her body to show me the wounds, occasionally flinching at the pain.

One was on her leg and one was in her torso.

She pointed to the bandage on her torso. "I'm very lucky to be alive." She simply stated.

Not long after Justin entered through the door with some flowers and balloons and handed them to my mother with a smile.

"Thank you, Justin" She smiled.

"My pleasure" He returned the smile.

He then took a seat next to me and we all that just talked for about 10 minutes.

Then suddenly...

The slow beeps turned into fast ones and doctors started barging through the door. "SHES FLATLINING!" I head one of them shout.

I stood up but I didn't know what to do. I tried to reach my mum but the doctors kept pushing me away. They dragged her bed out the door and I ran after it. I ran beside her.

"Mummy, I love you."

"I love you too, Daya. Listen, if I don't make it...I know you'll be fine by yourself and I'm sorry that I have to leave so early. I love you and I'm going to miss you. Don't forget to smile."

I stopped. Tears pouring down my face."Don't forget to smile" is something that my mum always told me, I always believed it. Even in my toughest times and though all the negativity, "don't forget to smile" was always my motto.

Please follow, vote and comment your opinion (: x

Instagram: @zendayafacts_

Updating at 750 (: