Thirty

*Zendaya's POV*

Everyday this week i've been driving to the hospital to visit Bella.

I'd spend the whole day there and then i'd drive home when visiting hours were up.

Thankfully she was going great, every injury were beginning to heal and the doctors say that she should be out of hospital in about a week.

It's been fun hanging out with Bella again. I have to admit, I missed her more than I was angry with her. I missed her company and all our old memories. I was extremely grateful to be friends with her again.

The bad thing was that tomorrow was my first day back at school for a while because I took some time off school to grieve over my mother's death and then that just connected to the holidays which is sadly coming to an end.

I quickly checked my phone and checked all my notifications ans then got up and had a quick shower. Afterwards, I got dressed and had some breakfast before rushing to my car to drive to the hospital to see Bella.

After a short twenty minute car ride of listening to the radio, I parked my car and entered the hospital.

I checked with the administration that I could visit and she gave me the ok. She told me the room number, which I already knew, and proceeded to her room with a smile on my face.

I knocked on the door and then turned the handle.

"Hey hey hey!" I spoke joyfully.

"What's up Z?!" She greeted me.

"The usual, you know." I replied.

"Good good." She smiled, revealing no teeth.

"Are you ok? Is something wrong?" I asked confused and worried.

"It's not a big deal, but.." She started. "Just some stuff is infected. It kind of caught me off guard as I thought I was doing pretty good but I don't think it's anything to worry about." She assured me.

"I hope so." I comforted her.

I sat on the chair beside the hospital bed and we spoke for hours and hours about random shit.

That's when I remebered I needed to buy some supplies for school tomorrow.

"Would it be cool if I went to the store real quick to pick up some stuff for school tomorrow?" I asked Bella.

"Yeah sure, just make sure you come back, ok?"

"Of course." I replied before waving her goodbye and exiting her room.

I got in my car and drove to the supermarket. I parked my car and headed straight for the stationary section.

I selected the supplies that I needed and placed them in my basket.

As I waited in line for the self-servie checkout, I head shouting coming from an aisle.

Letting my curiousity get the better of me, I stepped out of the line and scanned down the aisles.

I saw a man, I presume to be his father, assulting a child that is maybe 11 years old.

I speedwalked down the aisle and questioned the situation.

I cleared my throat.

"Excuse me, what's going on here?" I asked the man polietly.

"None of your buisness, lady." She snapped at me.

Lady. Excuse me im 18.

"You need to stop." I spoke in a stern voice.

"You need to go away." He retaliated before shoving me away.

I placed my basket on the ground and approached the man again.

I grabbed the child and separated them. from eachother.

"That's my son!" The man shouted at me.

"I don't care whether he's your son or not. You have no rite to hit him!" I shouted back.

Soon enough an employee walked up the aisle and to the situation.

"Excuse me, but i'm going to have to ask you to leave." She instructed polietly.

Ok so, clearly she didn't know what was going on because otherwise she wouldn't be telling me to leave.

"This man was abusing this child!" I explained to the woman.

"Please exit the store immediately." She stated, ignoring my valid excuse to stay.

I rolled my eyes.

"Bitch." I said under my breath.

I walked out the store and back to my car.

I then drove to the closest convinent store and purchased the items I selected previously in the other store.

"Thank you." I spoke with a smile when the cashier was done checking out my items.

I walked out the store and then drove back to the hospital.

I walked through to Bella's room, knocked and entered.

"Hey." I greeted her in an annoyed tone.

"Z, what took so long?" She asked me.

I explained to Bella how I had to go to two shops because the guy in the supermarket was abusing the kid and when I was protecting the kid, the stupid employee still kicked me out anyway.

Bella agreed that the situation was bonkers and that I deserved to stay and buy my items but she also stated that it wasn't my place to interfere with the sutuation. That was one of the things I loved most about her, she sees both sides of the situation and she isn't aftaid to tell me that I may have done something wrong. That's what real friends are for.

Instagram: @zendayafacts_

Please comment your opinions, vote and follow me (: