13 | PROVOCATION AT THE CLUB

Start from the beginning

"really? nice.." he said, sounding a little sarcastic,
but you neglected his response, and he speaks up.
"i did not think you were the type to go clubbing." taehyung enunciated, taking a sip from his drink.

damn right.

letting out a chortle, the drink he held in his hand was brought up to his lips. taehyung tilted the cup filling his mouth with the bitter beverage.

"excuse me," you both heard a voice, from behind taehyung. "i think you should go now.." a random woman cuts in, causing both you and taehyung to face her. you lift a brow, "do i know you?" you ask.

the girl rolled her eyes, "stop flirting with my man and leave." she responded. you remained silent, a little confused as you turned to taehyung.

"woah relax, we aren't dating." he cut in, speaking
to the woman, and you tried to hold in your laugh.

she's probably a one-nightstand.

the woman noticed, "what the hell you laughing about?" she asked, as she pushed past taehyung
and approaches you.

before she could speak up again taehyung stopped her. "hara don't talk to her like that." taehyung cut hara off. "i think you should leave." he spoke. hara then scoffs, placing her glass on top of the counter aggressively before she leaves you and taehyung at the bar.

you hear taehyung sigh, "damn it, y/n.. you made
me lose my one-nightstand." he said, sending you
a glare, jokingly. you scoff, "damn, you guys really are players aren't you." you emphasize along with
a chuckle escaping taehyungs mouth.

"i do it for fun." he shrugs.

he leaned his back against the edge of the counter and taehyung smirked motioning his drink to you.
"wanna try some?" taehyung asks waving his glass
of whiskey in front of your eyes.

"is it strong?" you asked as he hands you the glass. he shrugs, "depends on how well the tolerance is."
he spoke, referring to you. taehyung grabbed onto your hand, placing the glass onto the palm of your hand, and tucked his hands into his pockets.

"try it, and see for yourself."

you examined the glass and hesitantly take a small sip of the alcoholic beverage and in an instant, feel regret wash over you, as your throat began to burn due to the strong drink.

you begin coughing, as taehyung's eyes widened in shock quickly taking the glass out of your hand. he began patting your back, "hey you okay?" he asked.

"t—that was too strong.." you stutter. you brought your hand up to your mouth and wiped the excess whiskey that remains on your bottom lip, with the back of your hand.

taehyung chuckled, "alright, i'll order you another drink." he said, turning to the bartender.

"anything not too strong will do. thanks." he said, turning back towards you. and moments after the bartender placed the glass on the counter.

retrieving the glass into your hand, you pull out a few won bills to tip the bartender who served you
your drink. but taehyung pushed your hand away reaching into his back pocket for his wallet.

"all good, it's on me." taehyung offers, sliding the filthy won bills, across the counter, to the worker.

"taehyung, you didn't have to." you spoke as your cheeks heated up in embarrassment. he tucks his wallet back into his pocket, and grabs his alcohol beverage from the top counter.

"how else would i have come up with an excuse to drink with a fine lady like you?"

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏.

you are seated on a bar stool with taehyung sitting right by your side. your elbow was rested over this counter, as you rested your chin over your palm of your palm — as a few more shots are given to you, and taehyung, you grabbed a shot glass and so did taehyung. you smirk, "cheers!" you exclaimed and collided your glass with his.

the both of you downed the alcohol, feeling a light burn hit your throat. "damn girl, can't believe you are becoming better at drinking now." he laughed.

you blushed at his statement.

"feeling anything?" he asks as you slowly nod, "just
a little tipsy.." you respond, slightly slurring.

you advert your eyes away from taehyung, towards the shot glasses displayed in front of you both. you reached out to grab another, but taehyung stopped you, and pulled that glass out of your clutch. "yeah that's for sure enough. you've drank too much." he said as you stared at him blankly.

"let's sober up, shall we?" he asks. you hummed in response shaking your head. "no, i wanna drink—"
he cuts you off, "sober up first." taehyung insisted.

"what do you think we should do?" he asked, as he gently grasped onto your wrist, and helps you step down from the tall barstools. 

"drink more.." you slurred.

your eyes focused on the shot glasses on the table that were so tempting to drink. he shook his head, clicking his tongue. "not quite.." taehyung scoffed.

"perhaps, something we can both do together that includes moving and being physically active."

you froze from his words, eyes widening. when he said 'active' did he mean..

active as in have sex?!

you forced a smile on your face and turned to face taehyung. as he looked at you, you looked away in
an instant, and your eyes landed on the big crowd
in the center of the nightclub dancing along to the upbeat music, that blasted through each speakers.

"why not dance?" you suggest with a slanted smile displayed on your face, causing taehyung to smile, back to you in return.

"ding ding ding!" he giggled.

you exhaled, feeling a wave of relief wash over you that he's insinuating to dance, instead of the other dirty thought, you had in mind. taehyung grabs on your forearm, "let's go." he gestured.

now, both you and taehyung were partying on the dance floor at the nightclub, along with dozens of other people in their drunken state. it felt like you were having the time of your life. no stress and no worries.

just you, having fun with your friend, taehyung.

friend.