Part 1 - A New Discovery

"I don't get what Mr. Andrews was saying in class today!" Ayane whined, leaning on Anise Carlsson, who was munching on a peanut butter sandwich. "You always say that after our English class" Anise said between her munching. "I can't help it! I'm a pure Japanese!" exclaimed Ayane, pouting. "What a lame excuse. Are you trying to blame your heritage over your inability to understand English? You're not proud of it? As if the minority of the pure Japanese population in this school isn't enough" said Todo Chizuru, giving Ayane an icy glare. Ayane puffed up her cheeks, a gesture that shows that she admits defeat but still shows defiance. 

There is some truth behind Chizuru's statement. Seiomi Gakuen was famous for accepting students that come from wealthy families, like Ayane and ones who were well-off and of mixed heritage like Anise. It wasn't until last year that Seiomi offered a full scholarship to students like Lillia and Chizuru, who came from the middle class family. Even so, the population of students of mixed heritage dominates the school, thus Chizuru's prideful declaration. "Hey, now. Let's all eat lunch peacefully, like always. Chizuru, you should melt that icy glare, you're making Rina squirm here" Anise said, gesturing at a timid-looking girl beside her. Chizuru softened her expression and looked down at her lunch. "Forgive me. Been having problems at home, I shouldn't have brought it here to school. I won't do that again" Chizuru said, already letting out a weak smile. 

Ayane then pulled Chizuru into a hug. "Aww, it's all right! We're friends, right?" she cooed, her voice cheerful. "But still, let me defend myself a little bit here! Well, Lillia, I choose you!" Ayane cheerfully said, imitating the famous Pokemon line at the end. "What?" Lillia said, already finished with her lunch. "I want you to be my lawyer, now go!" Ayane explained. Lillia kept quiet at this. "I don't know what to say other than the fact that you were much more focused on Mr. Andrews than listening to his lesson" Lillia said, making Ayane squeal out of fear. "Lillia! You promised not to tell!" she screeched, hitting Lillia's arm playfully. "Oh? So Ayane has a crush on the hot and young Mr. Andrews! Naughty, naughty" Anise teased, making Ayane blush. 

Lillia noticed Chizuru who was still quiet, even though Anise and Ayane were already having a 'slap fest' beside her. "Care to share?" Lillia said, her voice low while she lowered her glasses to meet eyes with Chizuru. Chizuru looked up, and her dark eyes showed nothing. "Later" Chizuru said, already trying to separate Anise and Ayane. Lillia leaned back on the tree that they were taking a shade on. They were having their normal lunch at the school courtyard under the big tree and she admired the garden that was taken care by the school gardener. 

It has been a month since she schooled there and she already got used to her new life. She started making friends with Chizuru, Anise, Ayane and Sasaki Rina on her first day of schooling there. Ayane and Anise were the ones who approached her and Chizuru, who were somehow shunned by the other peers due to their position as 'prized students'. Rina was Chizuru's childhood friend, even though her family was quite well-off. At least her school life is better. None of her friends never questioned of her appearance, though Chizuru and Anise already suspected something behind her façade. Though that subject was never discussed.

Lillia's thoughts were disturbed by Ayane's squeal. "Oh wow! They are all walking together! How rare! Where did I put my phone?" Ayane said, searching for her phone. Lillia looked towards the source of Ayane's agitation. It was the Sakamaki siblings, rather the three of them were walking side by side and Lillia had to agree with Ayane's statement, the ensemble was quite rare. The fact that the siblings were walking together already amazed her, much less the three people that were walking side by side. It was Kanato, the middle triplet, with Reiji in the middle and Subaru, the youngest of the siblings by his side. They stopped a few metres away from the girls and Reiji beckoned to Lillia with his usual smile. As Lillia stood up and brush off the grass from her skirt, she could dimly notice Ayane looking at her with jealousy and murmuring "It's not fair" while picking her sandwich.