Part 7 - His Fangs II

She closed the book with a sigh. This was the third book she had read, and yet the answers to her questions are yet to be answered. She wasn't doing her homework or anything school related. She was in fact actually trying to make a research of her own. A research about vampires, that is.

It had been a week since she had been left alone crying in the music room after nearly being bitten - or rather toyed - by Shuu. Lillia sighed as she stared at the book title. Vampires and Their Flaws. It was purely written out of jest, as she had gathered when she read it. In fact, she could have guessed when she read the title. But she was desperate. Desperate for information. Not thirsty, but desperate. She had decided to adapt to the situation she was in. No more crying. The search for her mother will have to wait. Right now, she needs every means to survive, to live long enough to see her mother again. She swallowed a lump that had formed in her throat. She was actually unsure if her mother was still alive. She took out the note that her mother had left her and reread it again. The ink, the words and even the paper. It was proof that her mother existed. How can she stop believing that her mother might still be out there? 

She bit her lip and looked at the books stacked neatly on her study table. She had borrowed a few books regarding vampires from the local library - though she had to endure the scrutinising stare from the librarian, which was a woman nearly at the age of 50 - and brought it back home for her so-called research. But she had found nothing useful. The first book that she had read said that vampires are weak to crucifixes. It would have made sense until recently she saw Ayato flirting with a female classmate a week ago, and he was admiring her golden crucifix necklace. The second book she had read said that vampires will burst into flames when exposed to sunlight, but she immediately slammed it away. The siblings were quite fine in the broad daylight! She groaned in frustration as she recalled her research. She glanced at her watch and it says 11.30 pm. No wonder she was so cranky. It's her bedtime. She decided to go to bed, still in deep thought about vampires. Well, there is tomorrow...

Next day...

Lillia went to school early after preparing breakfast for the Sakamaki siblings. Unlike other days where she will just appreciate the sounds of birds chirping and the rustling of trees, she walked briskly to the path of the local library. She decided to return all the books; she felt like she was going nowhere with them. She hoped that the library hasn't opened yet, or she will have to return the books by the counter and had to endure yet another cold look from the librarian. Fortunately, it wasn't, so she quickly dropped the book into the 'returned books' box and walked away. She was only a few steps away from the said box when she bumped into somebody. She dropped to the floor due to the impact. She suddenly had a feeling of déjà vu and immediately gathered herself and stood up. 

She looked up in panic, and instead of being greeted by the same green eyes that had tried to 'violate' her when she was only wearing a towel a few weeks ago, she was greeted by a pair of grey eyes. The person she bumped into was a tall man with longish jet black hair and a sharp jaw. Realising it was someone else, she quickly let out an apology and bowed to him. She was still bowing to him, and she didn't get any response from the stranger. She slowly straighten her back and looked warily up at him. Was he still angry? she thought as the man stared at her. His mouth twitched into a smile and she let out a sigh of relief. He pointed at her uniform. "You're a student from Seiomi Gakuen, right? Can't you show me the way, as your apology?" he said arrogantly. Lillia fought the urge to roll her eyes at his words, and when she took a closer look at him, he was actually wearing the school uniform. Considering that she was at fault, she accepted his request. 

She walked him to the school, though he walked a bit further behind her, as if he didn't want to be seen with her. She did not mind the arrangement; she only wanted to get the favour done with. Once she had taken a step into the school, she looked behind her, to see if he was still there. He wasn't. She turned around and surveyed her surroundings. It was like as if he had vanished into thin air. She recalled old stories about spirits and the supernatural, thinking that the stranger she had met earlier was some sort of ghost. She shook her head in disbelief at this. Just because vampires exists, doesn't suddenly make her a spirit medium! She chuckled at herself when she thought this, and suddenly someone clasped their hand on her shoulder from behind. She jumped in surprise and looked behind her warily.