Part 25 - Soon

She looked around the room, noticing that there were slight differences since the last time she set foot in it. There were hints of personal touches on the interior of the room, such as the brown (or marble?) ashtray, a few papers scattered on the desk and there were more books placed on the bookshelves compared to before. There was even the scent of cigarette smoke, too.

“What seems to be troubling you, Minagawa-san?”

Lillia stopped what she was doing, realising too late that she might have looked a bit rude running her eyes around the room and immediately looked down at her lap, blushing slightly.

Hazuki chuckled upon seeing the young girl’s reaction and sat down on his swivel chair. He moved his chair close to Lillia and peered into her face. With Hazuki being close to her, Lillia could smell a whiff of cigarette smoke from the man.

“Nothing seems to be troubling me, Hazuki-sensei” she said simply, refusing to look up. Hazuki leaned back with crossed arms, his chair creaking at his weight. He tutted, as if he was disapproving her behaviour.

“Then why are you so flustered?” he asked lightly, as if doing so might ease her discomfort. Lillia bit her lip before looking up, her cheeks slightly flushed.

“Well, I was just looking around the room considering it looked slightly different compared to the last time I was here, but since you were also tending to my injuries, I thought it was slightly rude so—“ Lillia broke off, realising that she must have sounded a bit odd by running her mouth like that.

Hazuki studied her, a small smile tugging at his lips. “So you were only flustered because of your rude behaviour?”

Lillia looked at him and nodded frantically, giving him an apologetic look.

“That’s it?”

She nodded again, causing Hazuki to laugh out loud, much to her surprise.

“You really are big on formalities, just as what Sei said” Hazuki said after his laughter had subsided, wiping the tears in his eyes. Lillia stiffened at the mention of Sei from Hazuki’s lips. Does he know about our relationship? She squinted at Hazuki, as if doing so will give her answers.

Hazuki seemed to notice her change of behaviour because he immediately gave her a serious look and said, “Yes, I know about your relationship”

Lillia blushed once again, embarrassed that the man in front of her had read her mind easily. He let out a smirk and looked outside the window, studying the full moon that was brightening the dark sky.

“Well, from what Sei had described you, I envisioned a girl that was too serious for her own good, so I bet you would be panicked if I knew about the both of you” Hazuki said, not looking at her.

Lillia held her breath, waiting for more bombs that he might throw at her tonight. He wouldn’t report it to the chairman, right? She thought uneasily as she studied that man’s broad back.

“Which was why it took some time for you to awaken” he said, though he said it in a small voice, so Lillia must have misheard him.

“Pardon?” she said, trying to understand his words. Hazuki turned to look at her and shook his head.

“Nothing. Just talking to myself, is all” he said cheerily as he brought himself close to her. Hazuki brushed the hair that was covering Lillia’s forehead away and tutted.

“What is with this scar? You have such a pretty face, yet you’re not taking good care of it. No one will want to marry you if you go on with this state” Hazuki lightly scolded her as he dipped a cotton bud with ointment and patted it on the ‘scar’ that he had mentioned on her forehead.