Part 24 - Push

Author's Note:

Hey! Been some time since I last updated this fic, and I would like to apologise for that! I am very sorry for the long wait and appreciate everyone's patience in awaiting for the new chapter! I have been very busy as of late because of uni and the assignments that were given at the last minute to only be completed in such a short time what with my involvement in a committee so I was unable to actually update this fic. I actually planned to update it two weeks ago, but the writing process also took some time. Unlike the previous chapters, where I write one chapter in one go, this chapter took time as I write it little by little, step by step. So, if this lacks the feel to the story than normal, I sincerely apologise!

Also, I'm on study leave for finals, so I won't be updating this fic until the middle of April. Just hold on for the time being, guys! Thank you for the wait and support, everyone! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She ran her finger along her lower lip. It was the thousandth time she had done that today. She could not help it. Whenever her mind wanders off, her memories brought her back to the scene from yesterday night.

The red glint in his eyes. The chuckle that had filled up her ears. His lips tugged into a smirk with the blood trailing down his lips. Her blood.

Lillia shivered, feeling goosebumps crawling right along her arm. She was unsure if it was a good sign until she felt the burning sensation from her lower lip, her chest and her neck; the three areas where she had been bitten.

And boy, the trouble and effort she had to make just to cover up the bite marks. Her chest did not trouble her, considering her uniform covered up most of her body. For her lips, Shuu’s fangs had sunk in the inner area of her lip, so she was able to conceal it without any trouble, though it hurt whenever she closed her mouth. The trouble was her neck.

How she had cursed when she saw the red bite marks against her pale skin. Shuu’s bite marks were right above the collar of her uniform, making it impossible to hide it, unless she wore a scarf around her neck. It was already the month of April so the weather was slightly warmer, making it unnecessary for one to wear a scarf around her neck.

Lillia placed her forehead against the cool surface of her bedroom mirror, feeling troubled as she stared at her neck. There was no helping it, she thought as she took out a light pink scarf from her drawer.

***

“Nee, Bitch-chan, why are you wearing that scarf?” Laito asked, sidling up to Lilia in the limo as usual.

“You’re not fooling anyone with that get-up, Chestless” Ayato said, nudging Lillia’s foot with his.

“It makes you look brazen” Kanato spoke up, eyeing her from the opposite side. 

“My body is sensitive to the cold, so I’m wearing this scarf to avoid from troubling myself or anyone in the mansion” Lillia said curtly, instinctively holding onto her scarf to avoid from getting it pulled by Laito or Ayato.

Reiji pushed his glasses up and narrowed his eyes at her. “It is better for you to do that. I have a lot in my plate right now, and having a sick human in the residence will trouble me more” he said. Ayato, who had heard the mere mention of the word ‘plate’, took the opportunity to mutter ‘tableware otaku’ under his breath, earning him a death glare from Reiji.

As if you will take care of me anyway, Lillia thought as she watched Reiji telling Ayato off, the latter laughing at Reiji’s reaction. Watching Reiji scolding Ayato reminded her how he had looked like when he grabbed her wrist last night and shivered at the memory.  Better not mention the name Edgar in front of him. After glancing at Reiji who was still giving an earful to Ayato, she thought wryly, or call him in weird nicknames.