Part 17 - Who? II

“Psst”

Lillia shifted in her seat as she jot down the words that her English teacher, Mr. Andrews, had written on the whiteboard in front of the class.

“Psst”

Lillia straightened her posture as she put down her pencil to focus on Mr. Andrews’ explanation on the differences between past continuous tense and present continuous tense to a classmate.

“Lillia”

Lillia shifted her eyes towards the direction of the voice. Ayane was resting her head on the table and covered it by placing her large English book in front of her. Lillia glanced at Mr. Andrews who was still busy with his explanation, only he had proceeded to write it on the whiteboard. Lillia turned her head towards Ayane and placed her finger on her lips. Ayane merely replied with a pout and Lillia turned her attention back to Mr. Andrews.

A small ball of paper then landed on her desk from the other side and Lillia slowly turned her head towards the source of the paper ball. Anise was grinning at her and gestured at her to unwrap the paper ball. Lillia begrudgingly did as she was told and read the words that Anise had written.

So who’s the hottie that was hugging you this morning?

Lillia turned to look at Anise – who was still grinning while awaiting for her response - and ripped the paper into pieces. Anise gave her a bewildered look at her response and Lillia gave her a death glare. While Lillia was busy giving dirty looks at Anise, Mr. Andrews suddenly spoke up. “Yes, Mr. Forest? Do you have any questions?”

Lillia snapped into focus and momentarily glanced back to look at her classmate that had taken the interest of their teacher. “Uh, the three people in front of me are distracting me with their discussion, Mr. Andrews” Gray had said and Lillia could hear a hint of pure mockery and amusement in his voice.

“W-We were not discussing anything! We were paying attention to your lesson, Mr. Andrews!” Ayane blurted, turning red as the young teacher looked at her. Lillia could hear Gray letting out a light chuckle and she couldn’t help but looked behind her and gave him the evil eye. Gray only shrugged in response as Mr. Andrews was trying to comfort Ayane who was already half-panicked and close to tears by now.

The bell rang to indicate the end of the period and also the fact that it was already lunchtime. As everyone stood up to pack their things, Lillia, who was busy gathering her pens, felt someone’s breath tickling her ear. She immediately straightened her posture, alarmed. “Say hello to your boyfriend for me”

Gray chuckled as he stepped out of the classroom, Lillia already turning back to see him with a bewildered expression. What was his deal?

“So yeah, who was the guy that hugged you just now? Is he really your boyfriend?” Anise said, who had obviously witnessed the exchange between Gray and Lillia.

“No, he’s not someone like that” Lillia brushed it off.

“Oh, so he’s an old flame?”

Lillia burst into a giggle upon hearing her friend’s words. “No one uses the term ‘old flame’ anymore, Anise!” she said in between her fits of laughter.

Anise merely shrugged as Lillia smiled at her. “Well, I do. Now don’t avoid the topic and tell me who the mystery man was”