Chapter 24|| Sweet Caroline

Carter's POV
A couple of weeks ago they pulled Caroline back out of the mental hospital. She is much better now. Cassie is now 6 months pregnant. We found out that it was a baby boy. Mom and Dad have talked to all of us and we decided that sometime before Logan, Caroline, and I turn 13. We do not know where to go yet.

"CARTER! LOGAN! CAROLINE!" Mom shouts. We all run down the stairs. To our surprise, Cassie, Matt, JD, and Carter are all here. I think it is funny that JD's fiancé's name is Carter and mine is too. We all sit down on the couch. Ethan joins us from where he was, in the kitchen.

"Since JD, Cassie, and their families would be coming with us when we move, they will be here for the day or so to help us look at places." Dad announces. We pull Google up on the Web and see that they have already picked. There are 3 options.

The First Option is just 2 hours away. It is another city in Indiana. The place is very pretty and nice. It is also the city in which they found the cure of cancer. Mom and Dad really like this one.

The Second option is called Chicago. They used to be ruled by bad people but now they have been cleaned up and is extremely pretty. There are really good schools there. The neighborhoods are also really nice.

The Last option is District 12. It is about 5 hours away and had a horrible war about 11 years ago, but they cleaned up and built homes and got a bigger population. This is by far my favorite. I want to move here.

"Well, Any Opinions?" Mom asks. All of us raised our hands.

"Okay we will go in order." Dad explains. So Logan is first.

"I really love all 3 but I think Dauntless is my favorite." Logan states. Now it is Carter, JD's girlfriend.

"I am in love with District 12 and so is JD." JD nods with her. Now it is Cassie.

"Matt and I love District 12 too." Cassie tells us. Ethan now.

"I like all of them a lot." Ethan says.

Caroline is next, "I like District 12."

"Me too." I agree.

"Okay, well District 12 won the vote so we will go visit them next week." Mom announces. Caroline walks up the stairs. I sneakily follow her, because we are supposed to keep a close eye on her. She walks into the bathroom and leans on the sink. I watch as tear drops hit the sink and go down the drain. She kicks the wall really hard and calls out. Then she pulls out a razor and almost cuts. I run into the bathroom

"Caroline! Stop that right now." I demand.

"C'mon Carter. Please let me. I want to so badly." Caroline begs.

"Caroline what is wrong? Please tell me. I will help you." I ask.

"Well, there are these girls at school. They bully me at school when no one is around." Tears threaten to spill out of her eyes, "They talk about M-Mason and they are M-Monica's kids. They also bully me on text message and stuff. I just got a text saying that Mason deserved to die and so do I." Caroline runs into my arms. Caroline has always been the smallest one of the quadruplets. She is only like 4 foot 6 inches. I am 5 foot 3 inches and Logan is 5 foot. I hold her against me. She cries and cries.

"It will be okay, Caroline. Did the doctors help?" I ask kindly.

"Yes, and I n-need to go back but I do not w-want to because I wanna stay with you guys." She sobs.

"I think we need to send you back Carrie. They will help you." I reassure.

"I know, but can you tell mom because I do not wanna let her down." She asks with her big brown eyes looking into mine.

"Sure now go get some rest." I am worried about Caroline. I love her so much. I hate to see her hurt. She is my Sweet Caroline.

I hope you guys like this chapter. I am just really sad right now because everyone in this story is so grown up and it just makes me wanna cry. Especially since there are only 5 chapters left. Thank you all or reading. I love you all! Bye👋
~Alexis🎀🙆