Chapter 13: Vacation In The Sun

Hazel's POV
I sit on the LA beach. I am really enjoying not being in a wheelchair. That one week was horrible. I cringe thinking about it. Carter is fine now too. Caroline's flashbacks are now extremely rare and Logan's brace is off. I watch as Gus jumps over waves with Caroline and Carter. Logan is beside me playing in the sand.
"Momma. I want to play in the water" Lo asks.
"Okay, honey." I pick her up and carry her in. I go out to stand next to Gus. We jump over the waves and laugh at our silly kids. These are the moments I treasure most.
+Back At The House+
Our Beach house is glorious with 5 bedrooms and a kitchen. Tonight we are going to the boardwalk and to go crab hunting. The kids are really excited.
"Kids! Let's go crab hunting." I yell once it is dark outside. They all rush down the stairs. I giggle as I see that Gus actually chased them down the steps. I follow them out the door.
First, we go to the boardwalk. There are tons of fun games. But of course, them being Gus' kids. They want to go on the zip line. I laugh and follow them up the tall stairs.
Once we reach the top I ask, "Everyone wants to go, correct?"
"Yes, Momma." They chant. Gus kisses me on the lips then jumps off the platform. I watch as he does not hold on and screams like a maniac.
"Yup, kids, that is your Daddy." They all erupt in laughter. Logan bravely jumps next but hold on tightly as she goes. Carter does the same but Caroline and I follow Gus' lead. We extend our arms and scream our heads off. I laugh at Logan and Carter's startled faces. Let's face the fact, my family is better than yours.
At crab hunting the kid's are going crazy. They have found like 20 crabs. I found one but I let Gus pick it up for me. I let them all loose at around 10. I take them all up to bed and tuck them in. They sleep right away because they are so tired. Gus and I are really tired too so we head to bed.

Sorry for this boring short chapter but I just got out of my major writer's block for this story and need ideas really bad. I love you guys so much. Thank you for 550+ reads
~Alexis