Part 42.

"Thank you all for joining us. As you know this meeting is long overdue but we do wish it was under better circumstances." Silas started.

"You mean before your beautiful mate murdered the entire council?" Kelsie asked. "I'd have to disagree. I rather enjoy knowing they are dead."

"Rylan did not kill anyone. All she did was punish them by taking away their wolves. Blake did the rest." Logan said.

"Wait she what now?" Sanders asked sitting up fully in his chair.

"She removed their wolves. It was a spell cast with the intent that if they showed they were worthy, they would have redeemed their wolves by the next moon." Silas explained with a sigh.

"If she is this powerful why are we concerned about this Alpha meeting?" Sanders asked.

"There can be no blood shed at this meeting. It will cause a war, which is exactly what we are here to prevent." Actaeon spoke up.

"He just said that she can take their wolves and if they're worthy then they get them back in a week." Sanders said.

"And by example the council has shown us how well that tactic works." Thane added sarcastically. 

"If you want to see war by all means lock them in a room and strip them of their fur, see how well that works out for our world... We'll be extinct within the decade." Kelsie agreed and rolled her eyes.

"I'm not saying she has to do that. All I'm saying is the perception of power can be a significant tool." Sanders clarified. "They will feel like they have to listen to what she has to say."

"Rylan will in no way be present at this meeting." Silas said firmly.

Everyone at the table turned to look at Silas. Their expressions ranged from confusion, shock, and surprise to all out anger. Even I was surprised and angered by Silas's assertion. There was no way that I would allow him to step into this kind of meeting alone. Allies or not we were in this together.

I shifted in my seat to look at Silas. Silas turned to meet my gaze. He had a hard, serious glint to his eyes that I had never seen before.

"What did I miss?" Aaron asked warily as he came into the room and took the chair to Silas's right.

"Our queen is about to murder her mate." Kelsie said.

"What?" Aaron's brow furrowed and he turned to look at the stare down between Silas and I.

"Oh..." Aaron sighed and rubbed at his forehead.

"Why?" I signed.

"Ry, I need you here." Aaron interrupted before Silas could answer.

~Emily needs you here not me. You don't have your wolf so you're just as vulnerable as I would be.~ I said through the link.

~I don't need my wolf to fight this fight.~ Aaron replied back and my mouth dropped.

~You've been able to link this whole time?~ I asked.

"No." Aaron said out loud. "Not as easily as you do. And I'm not asking you to stay just for Emily's sake. Amelia needs you here as well. I need you here to know that they are all safe and Silas needs you here so that he won't make a stupid mistake while worrying about you. You are not even supposed to stand for any length of time. Stepping onto a battle ground right now is suicide and you know it."

I cringed and glanced back over at Silas. His eyes had already softened from before. Now it was more of a pleading look than anything and it wrenched at my inside. I couldn't fight off a look like that. Not as easily as I could anger or stubbornness.