"It's that new foundation that partnered with PTO?" Arlene questioned; her sister nodded, "Oh definitely. I been hearing a lot of people talking about it, posting hanging on poles."

               "Yeah, that's what has been keeping Landon busy. Finally since it's over he'll be home more." Anicia sighed deeply.

               "Honey, he's the COO and will forever be busy." Arlene leaned back on the shelves, "You haven't been running into your old fling lately?"

               Anicia knew she was mentioning Toby without saying his name. "He wasn't just a 'fling', Arlene. But no, I haven't seen him in several weeks actually."

               "Good." Arlene said, leaving the closet and Anicia trailed behind her.

               "What do you mean 'good'?" the sister's descended down the staircase.

               "Just saying," Arlene shrugged. "You was seeing him too much."

               "Why does it really matter or concern anyone about my being around Toby?" Anicia questioned with a frown, "He's a friend and if I do want to be around him, I can and will. I'm a grown ass woman."

               "A grown ass woman that's known for being weak behind a guy like Toby."

               Creases formed between her eyebrows. "What does that even mean? 'A guy like Toby'? He's a great guy if any of you ever cared to actually get to know him. He's always been a good guy that keeps it one hunnid."

               "One hunnid?" Arlene repeated disgustingly and chuckled. "For a guy who keeps it one hundred he done everything in his power to show you he didn't give a damn about you by choosing another girl over you and you crying your eyes out about it. Nobody changes; especially not a man he is."

               Anicia's face scowled. "Is that why you really brung me here, to lecture me? For the thousandth fucking time, I'm with Landon and I'm not worried about Toby in that way. We're friends. Get that through your head and take me back home." She stated lastly before storming out of the front door.

               Silence filled the vehicle the entire ride to the Sherman Oaks home and Anicia didn't speak when she exited her sisters car. She shut the door and approached her house, unlocking the door, and stepping inside. She took off her heels, exhaling in relief and wiggling her toes that were free. She held her pumps by the heel and walked passed the white piano near the entrance. But stopped abruptly.

               Anicia walked backward and released her Louboutin's to fall on the plush white rug that her feet sunk into and enjoyed the softness touching the bottom of her feet. She took a seat on the cushioned piano bench and start pressing one key at a time. Until her skinny and eager fingers moved across the keys effortlessly, playing a soft tune making her eyes closed.

               It relaxed her mind, hearing the sound of the tune come in sync. She even found herself smiling at the feel of her fingers touching the keys that were becoming cold from being untouched for so long.