Chapter 1

Reece- Guyyyyyys OMG I'm so scared rn, chile anyways so, here goes nothing......

👻

"Why- why are you so calm?" The messenger stammered.

The boy's hands trembled, the letter in his grasp shook in the silence of my apartment.

I laid sideways on the old leather chair with my legs crossed over the arm. Leaning my head back, I took a long drag of the cigarette between my fingers.

The smoke formed a puff of grey cloud as I exhaled. I watched it idly float into the air and disappear, leaving only the distinctive toxic smell in it's absence.

Swinging my legs off the chair arm, my glossy black stilettos hit the hard-wooden floor.

I leaned my elbows on my knees and surveyed the boy; he shifted on his heels, itching to leave, as he kept his eyes focused on me. He looked paler than when he first walked in and I could smell the fear emanating from him.

It didn't surprise me though; his fear.

Grown men, three times my size and weight, cower beneath my glance.

His body tensed and his breathing hitched when I slowly stood.

Unhurried, I fastened the top button of my black blazer, and stalked towards him.

No older than fifteen, I pitied him. How he got tangled in this world, I don't know—I don't care—but it's certainly not a pleasant lifestyle.

Especially for a kid...

I would know.

Standing so close, he had to lift his head to meet my cold gaze, "What's your name?" I drawled. A detached bluntness to my voice.

He gulped, retreating until his back hit the closed front door with a thud, "Rhys." He managed to say after a few long seconds.

I slowly scratched the sharp tip of my black nail down his cheek, "Rhys," I took another drag of my cigarette, and blow out the familiar smoke, before grabbing his chin harshly to turn his head to the side. He gasped when I leaned forward to his height and growled in his ear, "don't ask questions—" I paused for dramatic effect, "you don't want the answers to."

I snatched the open letter from his shivering hands, that I'd made him read aloud to me, and took a few paces back.

"Do me a favor Rhys," he looked at me, shaken, with his eyes wide, "keep your mouth shut." I demanded before dismissing him with the wave of my hand. He scrambled out, as fast as he could, shutting the door behind him.

I read over the letter—confirming what Rhys said—and slouched back into the chair with a huff.

I ran my hand over my face in frustration, "Not good," I murmured under my breath, "not fuckin' good."

I squinted my eyes closed before opening them with a murderous scowl woven into my expression. I took a final drag of my cigarette before putting it out on the table next to me.

There was a knock at the door, but before I could tell them to fuck off it swung open widely.

I shot a glare at who ever dared— but Harley waltzed in, with a smile plastered on her face, "Excuse the intrusion, Vixen." She laughed, slamming my door.