Sickness

a/n: This was written last year, long before covid, I just didn't know how to finish it.

Your throat was sour and you felt weak and hot but after the morning fight you had with the others, you preferred staying in your room. You still couldn't believe all the things the others said about you and you were glad Richard was out and didn't witness it. Knowing that all you needed was rest, you called Steven to take the day off. 

Not feeling like going to bed, you covered yourself with a blanket and walked out on the terrace attached to your room. Sitting on the chair you inhaled from the chilly air and looked around. It was the beginning of autumn and the sky was covered with clouds. Small drops of rain were falling down the leaves of the trees that had already started turning yellow and the wind was tearing them off the branches, sending them flying to the ground. However the cold greyish scenery of the autumn's rain was your favourite and a small smile rose on your lips. You've always loved the bad weather, ever since you were very little. You closed your eyes deep in thoughts and before you knew it you started dozing off.

When Richard found out you took the day off he got really worried. The truth was during the few months he had to share the house with you and the others he had developed strong feelings for you. Those feelings were one of the reasons for him to break up with his former girlfriend. However during those couple of months you lived together, he got to know you and he knew that you've never skipped work, even if you were sick. That's why he couldn't wait to finish filming his scenes and check up on you. Once he was done, he quickly left the studio and climbing on his motorbike, he rode home as fast as he could. 

He went straight to your room and knocked quietly.

“Y/N?” He called out.

Not waiting for your response he pushed the door open and walked inside. He frowned when he found out your room was empty but just as he was about to leave, the open door of the terrace caught his eye and he rushed in that direction. Walking out on the terrace he saw you on the chair with your eyes closed.

"Y/N, wake up." He said quietly.

You murmured something quietly but didn't wake up.

He reached to touch your hand but got alarmed feeling how warm it was. He immediately moved his hand to your forehead and frowned realizing how hot you were.

"You're burning up." He said and he quickly pulled the blanket off you, lifting you in his arms. Your head fell on his chest and you shivered slightly, snuggling further into him.

"I'm cold."

"I know you are. You're running a fever." He said softly and gently kissed the top of your head.

Walking back inside, he gently placed you on the bed and went to the bathroom. He quickly got back with a wet cloth, a thermometer and a bowl filled with cold water. He put the thermometer under your armpit and placed the wet towel on your forehead. You shivered at the coldness of the cloth and tried to reach for the covers, but Richard took your hands in his, preventing you from what you wanted to do.

"No, sweetheart, you can't do that, we need to take your temperature down." He said softly and kissed your hands. 

"Why does it matter to you?" You asked weakly.

"Because I care about you."

"No, you don't. Nobody cares about me. They made it quite obvious."

He frowned.

"What's that supposed to mean? Did someone say something to you?"

"It doesn't matter." You said, closing your eyes.