Feelings

You share a house with Johnny and his colleagues from '21 Jump Street' and you and Johnny have been together for a couple of months. The next day you're going to celebrating Holly's birthday in the house all of you share together so now you and Richard are in the kitchen because out of everyone you two are the only ones who can actually cook. Johnny is in the living room and with the help of the other two boys Peter and Dustin is trying to keep Holly occupied so she wouldn't find out about the surprise you are preparing for her.

While you're mixing the ingredients for the cake you can't help but glance at Richard. He's busy preparing the meal but his face is radiating sadness; his girlfriend Kimber had broken up with him about a week ago and he still isn't over it.

For the few months you've all lived together you had the chance to get to know Richard really well; apart from his Adonis physique and breathtaking looks he's caring, considerate, gentle, kind, sometimes even a bit shy, and most of all extremely talented. He and Johnny often play guitar together and he'd occasionally sing (his voice is soft, deep and raspy and you feel like you can listen to it forever). He also writes poems and quite recently he admitted he's also into painting. He probably wouldn't have done it if you hadn't spotted the paint blotches on his clothes. All in all, he's a man most girls could only dream of and you can't help but wonder how Kimber or anyone else for that matter can break up with him.

Shaking yourself out of your thoughts you continue adding ingredients to the mixture. You and Richard reach simultaneously for the olive oil and your hands accidentally touch. His hand on top of yours sends a jolt of electricity all over your body and your heart starts beating faster in your chest. You quickly pull your hand away.

"You take it first." You say.

"No, you take it, I can wait."

Not wanting to argue you take it and pouring some of it in the bowl you hand it to him. When he reaches to take it his fingers brush yours slightly and you quickly drop your hand, turning back to the mixing.

You know you're with Johnny but whenever you see Richard or he's around you, you feel something strong and white hot surging through your veins and hitting you straight in the heart causing it to beat too fast like it's going to beat out of your chest. You tried to ignore the feeling because you're not the cheating type of girlfriend and you'd rather die than hurt Johnny in such way. He's one of the sweetest guys and deserves only the best. However lately it had started to become very difficult to keep your emotions together especially after you found out about Richard and Kimber's break up. Taking a deep breath and trying to shake the unwanted thoughts out of your head you continue mixing.

You walk to the fridge to take something out. Richard begins to tell you to be careful because he had accidentally spilled some water on the floor but it's too late; your feet slip on the wet floor and you start flying backwards. You close your eyes in an attempt to prepare for the inevitable hit but instead of falling on the floor you feel two strong arms around your body. You open your eyes only to find yourself face to face with Richard. His brown eyes are filled with concern and you feel redness burn your cheeks under his intensive stare. His tight arms on your body are setting your insides on fire and it makes you wonder how long you're going to hide your feelings before you finally give in. But when you look deep into his eyes you're shocked to realize that the emotions in your orbits are reciprocated in his. Your faces are inches apart and after a couple of seconds the space between your mouths is closed and his lips are pressed against yours causing your heart to almost beat out of your chest. His tongue gently moves forward and you immediately open your mouth allowing it access. The kiss is soft yet passionate and leaves both of you breathless. You press your body against him and couldn't help the smirk on your face when you feel his hardness rubbing against you.

However, that's when you snap out of it and your eyes shot wide.

What the hell were you even doing?!

You're with Johnny yet you're kissing Richard!

Looking into his brown eyes you get lost into the ocean that is soul and it helps clear your head of what you should do. You raise your hand and gently caress his cheek.

"I've been running from my feelings for you for too long. It's time for me to stop running and do the right thing." You say softly and you give him a smile. "I'm going to break up with Johnny. He's a great guy and was an amazing boyfriend but I can't lie to him and to myself anymore. You're the one I want to be with, Richard."

He looks at you intently and for the first time for the last couple of weeks he smiles causing your heart to melt.

"And you're the one I want to be with, Y/N. I had to watch you and Johnny together and to keep my feelings burried but I can't do that anymore. When Kimber broke up with me I was sad but I kind of felt relieved too because I didn't have to lie and hide my emotions anymore."

He stares at you with so much openess that you heart aches from all the explosive emotions you feel inside. You can't help but kiss him one more time before pulling away.

"We should stop distracting ourselves and finish the birthday meal." You say with a smile and turn to take the bowl.

He gives you a quick peck on the cheek before going back to what he was making.

While you're finishing with the preparations of the festive meal you occasionally exchange smiles with Richard. The following night you were going to talk to Johnny and explain things. You heart swells with happiness at the thought.

You'll finally be free to be with Richard.