Surprise

a/n: This one is a birthday present for my friend Peyton. It's kind of short, but I put my heart in it. I hope you'll like it, honey! :)

Warm lips press against your neck and you let out a quiet moan.

"Wake up, baby." A soft voice whispers in your ear but you only groan and snuggle further against him.

"It's still early." Comes your muffled voice and he smiles.

He leans and kisses your forehead.

"I know that, but I've got a surprise for you."

"It can wait." You murmur quietly.

Richard chuckles and wrapping you with the blanket he gently lifts you in his arms. You're too tired and sleepy to protest so you just let him carry you whenever he wants. Plus you love him more than anything else in this world and you trust him with your life. You can feel him walking and opening doors. When you feel the cold morning air on your skin you realize you're outside of the house and you snuggle further into the blanket and into his embrace. You feel him smile but he carries on walking. After a couple of minutes he stops and you feel him sitting down and wrapping both of you with another blanket before kissing your forehead.

"Open your eyes baby, I want you to see something."

You groan but do as he asks and look up from his chest. And you're enchanted by the magical sight in front of you. It's the sunrise in all its glory; the sky is covered in colors from yellow and orange to the deepest red right above the horizon where a certain fireball is slowly rising up, leaving a trail in the deep dark waters of the ocean. It's the most magnificent scenery you've ever seen and you're left speechless by one of Mother Nature's greatest wonders.

"You've always said one of your greatest desires was to watch the sunrise on the beach. And that was my surprise for you. Happy birthday, baby." He whispers in your ear and you turn to look at him.

The colors of the sunrise are mirrored in his cinnamon-colored eyes that you love so much, the look in their depth full of love and intensity. His lips are pulled into a smile causing his handsome features to look breathtaking in the morning light. You lean forward pressing your lips against his. The kiss is just as passionate as your love for each other.

"I love you." You breath out when you break it for air.

He smiles.

"Not as much as I love you."

You wrap your hands around him, falling into his embrace.

"So...what do you think about my surprise?" He asks and you pull back to look at him, smiling.

"I love it, it's perfect!" You say and gently fondle his cheek with your hand.

He presses his lips against yours and buries his fingers into your hair, leaning backwards and pulling you down with him. You make love on the beach, the dark waters and the rising sun being the only witnesses to your passion. Your head is resting on his shoulder, and you run your fingers up and down his firm chest. You eyes dart to the sky and you smile.

"Look, the sun's almost up."

Both of you sit up with nothing but the blanket wrapped around you. He smiles and you feel him reach for something before his arms encircle you and you realize he's holding a cake in his hands.

"Aren't you going to wish for something?" He asks and handles you the birthday cake.

You take it and turn your head slightly to look at him with glowing eyes as he busies himself with lighting the candles.

'Why would I?' You think as you blow the candles with a big smile, just as the sun finally rises above the horizon, separating itself from the ocean and bathing you with its rays.

You press your lips against his to give him a deep kiss.

"I already have everything I've ever wished for."