Hospital

a/n: Inspired by Richard injuring his knee four times and my own hospital stay years ago because of my kidneys.

You move to adjust yourself just when the door of your hospital room opens and a patient is brought inside on a stretcher. He's unconscious and his right knee is immobilised.

"I'm sorry but the hospital is full of patients and you'll have to share the room with him for awhile. As soon as a room gets free we'll move him." The nurse explains apologetically.

You only nod.

"It's ok, I'm getting released in two days anyway."

She places the stretcher with the patient at the other end of the room and after checking his vitals she walks up to you. She removes the IV from you and you sigh in relief.

"Nice to have my arm back." You comment rubbing it slightly.

"Tomorrow will be your last one." The nurse says before nodding to the other patient. "He's out of a knee surgery and probably won't wake up for awhile."

"Ok." You nod.

The nurse walks out and you stand up from the bed to stretch your legs a bit and to go to the bathroom because when you had your IV put in you had to lie down in the hospital bed for hours until it was all gone in your system.

On your way back to your bed your look falls upon the other patient. He's a young man with dark raven hair that is all over his pillow and has tan skin and very handsome face. The hospital sheets reach the upper part of his toned chest, revealing muscular arms and firm shoulders. With his eyes closed he looks so peaceful and angelic that it makes you hold back a breath. You stare at him for a while before you finally tear your gaze off him and walk to the window. You open it and sit down on its frame enjoying the fresh spring air. It's cloudy outside which means it's going to rain and the realisation makes you smile because you love rain and bad weather in general. Soon enough the first drops starts falling down and climbing off the window you stretch your arms outside and lift your head up so you can enjoy the rain as much as you can. When the rain starts getting heavier and the wind gets stronger you finally pull back and close the window with a sigh.

Turning around to walk to your bed you stop dead on your tracks when you find out two dark cinnamon orbits staring at you.

"Uh...hi." You say awkwardly, pink colour rushing up to your cheeks.

"Hi." He says slowly and for a moment you get lost in his deep, soft voice. "Sorry if it sounds a bit rude but...who are you?"

"Don't worry, it doesn't. I'm Y/N and this is actually my hospital room. The nurse said the hospital is full so it looks like we're going to have to share it for a while." You explain.

"Oh. Well...I hope it's not a problem for you."

"It's not. I'm getting released in two days anyway." You reassure him with a smile.

He smiles back and it makes your heart melt.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Richard." He stretches his hand and you walk over to him to shake it. "If you don't mind me asking...what are you in the hospital for?"

"I don't mind." You sit down on your bed with your body turned to him and you point to your waist. "I'm here because of a stupid kindey problem but I'm better now."

"I wish I could say the same. This is my fourth knee surgery."

"Fourth?!" You ask, your eyebrows lifted high. "What did you do to injure yourself so bad?"