Walk

You and Richard have been friends for a while. Whenever he needed to talk to someone he knew he could always call you and it was the same for you. It's a beautiful autumn day and both of you decided to get out with his motorbike. He found a place to park it and you started walking around the streets of Manhattan. You're talking about various stuff and he's telling you about the beginning of his career when he had to sleep on the streets for days and starve because he wouldn't want to worry his parents by calling them and asking for money. Your heart aches when you listen to his story but at the same time you're so proud of him. You turn around the corner and run into a couple of homeless kids trying to play on an old acoustic guitar that somehow is still whole. One of the kids is actually very good at it and Richard smiles applauding quietly.

"You're very good at it."

All the kids look up at both of you and stare at Richard. One of the boys suddenly smiles.

"Hey, aren't you that cool cop Dennis Booker from the TV?"

Richard smiles back and nods shyly.

"Yeah, that's me."

"No way!" Another kid gasps in awe.

Richard chuckles and red color rushes to his cheeks.

A third kid moves and stands up in front of Richard.

"I love Booker and I want to be like him when I grow up."

Richard ruffles the kid's hair with fondness and kneels down so he could be on the kid's eye level.

"Really?" He asks with a smile. "And why do you want to be like him?"

"Because Dennis is smart and brave and always fights for the right thing." The kid answers with a proud smile. "Plus I love his leather jacket and his motorbike."

Richard shrugs out of his leather jacket and puts it on the kid's shoulders.

"Here, now you have Dennis Booker's leather jacket."

The child's eyes brighten and a smile lights up its small face.

"Thank you so much!"

The boy then wraps his arms around Richard and he hugs him back. The boys start asking Richard questions and having small talk with him when one of them notices you looking at them with a smile.

"And who are you?"

You blink startled, realizing the kid is talking to you.

"I..."

"She's my friend." Richard says almost too quickly and flashes you a bright smile.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Another boy asks making you flush slightly.

"No, we're just friends."

"Kiss her." A third boy says and your eyes get wide open in shock.

Taking a glance at Richard you can see he's also stunned but not as much as you.

"We're just friends. It wouldn't be right." He explains carefully.

"How come, you like her don't you?" Another one of the kids asks and you see a light flush covers Richard's cheeks.

"Yeah, in a way I do, but --"

"Then you have to kiss her."

This time both your and Richard's cheeks flush.

"You're a hero and every hero has a girl." The kids explain.

"Maybe we should do it for the kids." Richard says and you look at him with wide eyes.

In reality you're dying to kiss him but not like that. You've fallen in love with him from the first moment you saw him and you're afraid that if he kisses you you'll give yourself out and he'll find out about the feelings you worked so hard to keep hidden from him. However, you have no time to object because suddenly his warm hand finds its way to your cheek and he's carefully pulling you towards him. You catch your breath in your throat and finally a couple of seconds later you feel his lips on yours. The kiss is soft and gentle and immediately sets your insides on fire. When he pulls away you open your eyes to look at him. His dark orbits are fixed on you and you sink into their depths. The kids start clapping and smiling around you and Richard smiles shyly. He looks away and turns back to the kids. He chats with them and when they follow both of you to where he has parked his motorbike he allows each kid to touch it and even sit on it. You're just standing and observing them with a big smile on your face and can't help but think how Richard would be an amazing father one day. Eventually all the kids wave for goodbye and finally leave. You move so you could climb on the motorbike, but Richard puts a hand on your shoulder and you turn around to look at him only to have him capture your lips with his into a kiss. Your whole body starts burning from his kiss and you feel one of his hands going up so he could bury his fingers into your hair and the other one curling around your waist so he could pull you closer. When you pull back for air your eyes lock with his. His fingers move from your hair to your cheek so he could gently cup it with his hand.

"I love you, Y/N. I've been trying to ignore my feelings for you because I didn't want to jeopardize our friendship, but when the kids asked me to kiss you and my lips locked with yours I realized just how strong my feelings are for you and that I can't live without you." He says with his soft, deep voice and never breaking eye contact.

Staring at his eyes you can hardly believe what you're hearing.

"I fell in love with you from the first time I saw you but I kept my feeling buried deep inside my heart because just like you I valued our friendship too much to say anything. But what I feel about you is stronger and more powerful than anything I've felt before and when you kissed me I realized just how much I love you and that I can't live without you."

"Does this mean you want to give a chance to this thing between us?" He asks and you place your hands on his cheeks pulling him for a kiss.

"Does that answer your question?" You ask with a smile and he smirks before you pulling you into a hug.

"I love you so much." You say, burying your face into the crook of his neck.

"I love you more." He answers, kissing the top of your head.

By the evening you have officially moved in with himand you couldn't be happier.