𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑒𝑛

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙚𝙣;
𝐻𝑎𝑟𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑦

(The song excerpt I use in this is from if I could fly by one direction)

RILEY TRUDGED UP the stairs, feeling exhausted as ever due to the long day she had

It seemed like a train wreck that was only going to get worse. —But what did she expect allowing three ghosts to live in her moms studio?

She opened the door to her bedroom, letting out a long exhale. She was not paying attention to anything around her, she just wanted to relax.

So she let her bookbag slide off her shoulder smoothly, wincing as it landed on the floor loudly. She then sat down on her bed, cross-legged, holding her face in her hands.

"We've got to stop meeting like this." A voice spoke.

Her head snapped up to meet the gaze of Luke's, who had been on the other side of the bedroom holding a few pieces of paper and a binder.

"Yes! We do Luke! Why do you keep showing up places? We told you to stay out of our room!" Riley shouted, hopping up from her spot on the bed, making her way toward him.

He shrugged simply, his gaze locked on the piece of paper he was holding.

But what Riley's focus was on, was the binder he held underneath it, where the sheet of paper came from.

"What is that?" Riley said slowly but cautiously, pointing a shaky finger at what he held.

His eyes widened and he took a step back.

Riley's mouth fell a-gape with realization.

"You got that out of my binder! The binder I told you was specifically off limits!" She shouted, reaching out to grab the piece of paper and the binder from his grip, Luke was quicker, yanking his arm back.

The binder was a light purple shade, decorated with stickers and designs that Riley had drawn.

He shook his head, a soft smile on his face as he looked at the paper.

He began to read the words that were on the paper.

"If I could fly, I'd be coming
right back home to you-"

"-Luke. Please give it back." Riley begged, cutting him off, quieter this time.

Luke's gaze softened and he furrowed his brows as he looked up to meet her eyes.